account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Contacts not syncing / missing

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Contacts not syncing / missing

Hi. 

I have a Z3 compact which has recently started 'losing' the contacts on the phone - so there are none showing.  It would stay like this for while, then they'd magically all come back... Now they've disappeared and they don't seem to be coming back.

The sync seems to be working OK and there are no error messages - and the contacts seeem to be OK in my Google and Outlook accounts...

Anyone got a fix that's worked?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Learner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contacts not syncing / missing

Hi

Not had any replies to this... Is there anyone from Sony tech support on these forums, or do they rely on the input, goodwill and experience of other users?

Thanks

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I am having the same issue - did you ever get an answer? Thanks

Adept
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Are you sure that there is no filter active (this happened to me once - still don't know why because I didn't know at the time that I could filter contacts....

In contacts, select the three dots menu at the top right and then select Filter.

At the bottom, select "Local Contacts" which should expand the list and make sure they are all selected.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

No, I've checked and there are no filters on!

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Having the same problem. Some contacts appear, other don't (despite they are at Google contacts.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Check your disable apps if disable google contact sync app file then change to enable then import contacts from your google acount.