account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Change default alarm sound

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Change default alarm sound

When creating a new alarm, the default ringtone is the rooster alarm. I hate it and I'm never going to actually use it, so I'd like to be able to change the default alarm sound to be something else. I've poked around in the settings but I don't see any way to actually change it. Does anybody know how I can do this?

To emphasize, I know how to change the alarm sound. I want to be able to change the default to something more useful so I don't always have to manually select a sound.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Change default alarm sound

I found a solution to the problem elsewhere. The simplest way to do so without rooting or setting up developer tools is to install ES File Explorer, then browse to and open the desired default alarm sound (located in /system/media/audio/alarms). The action overflow menu on the player activity has an option to set it as the ringtone.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I think that is default.You might want to try a different app but that is only a complication.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

What? That didn't address my question at all. I know it's the default. I'm asking if I can change it.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

You can't, perhaps if you root your device you might be able to, as of right now the only way to root your phone is by unlocking the bootloader, but feel free to contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I found a solution to the problem elsewhere. The simplest way to do so without rooting or setting up developer tools is to install ES File Explorer, then browse to and open the desired default alarm sound (located in /system/media/audio/alarms). The action overflow menu on the player activity has an option to set it as the ringtone.

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Cool

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)