account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can no longer add/remove Apps to/from Home Screen

Visitor
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Cannot add or remove Apps to home screens

Hi Jonas,

So it looks like I have issues with the touch screen at the top then:

Screenshot_20161219-205908.png

Thanks, I will contact support.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

No problem at all!

Best of luck with the repair and if there is anything else I can assist you with, just let me know! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Screenshot_20170518-063732.png

Screenshot_20170518-063808.png

Screenshot_20170518-063831.png

Screenshot_20170518-063850.png

Screenshot_20170518-063912.png

I did a factory reset 12 days ago. Big mistake.

Can't add or remove items from home screen due to the icons not registering as I drop them over the top of the screen. Used to highlight red and... Work. 

Now also my screen is behaving like these diagnostics below. I can't type q or w without getting both at the same time. And I get double a's. 

I'd like to point out that the touchscreen went wonky after a FACTORY RESET. 

Also the Sony companion software is so buggy it crashes when I plug the phone in. Unbelievable. 

[edit] same problems in Safe mode

Visitor
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

i have the same isdue with my xa1 since the last update.. top of screen and sides arent working correctly 

Visitor
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I have the same issue. I cannot remove shorcuts on Home screen.

I cannot either use bottom part (Home, Back and active apps button).

Is it true the sreen should be replaced??

One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

This seems to be a more widespread issue than individual screen problems. I have performed all the diagnostic tests on the screen, and they were all fine.  The only shortcuts that can be added are apps that have widgets available (and many apps don't have them), or pre-installed apps. This is very frustrating. I've tried adding from the home screen, long-pressing on the app shortcut in the app-drawer, and from the menu within each app (which doesn't always exist).  This seems to be either an intentional omission of the capability or an unintended oversight which has not yet been corrected.