account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Calendar Problem

Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Calendar Problem

I use the calendar on my phone for all my appointments. It is not linked as far as I know to any other calendar. I can no longer save appointments. When I try to save a new appointment the phone says it is creating event but it does not appear on calendar. This just started happening this week.

2 REPLIES 2
Adept
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Calendar Problem

I used to have a similar problem and it took me a while to work through it and get my mind around the solution (though I don't remember the details any more)

You'll probably find that you are creating those entries but they are being stored under the wrong calendar and are, therefore, not displayed.  To find out, on the main calendar screen, tough the three-bar menu icon top left.  This will pop up a menu display on the bottom of which is a list of calendars on the device (some of which may have been created by other apps you have loaded).  Be aware that this list scrolls off the bottom of the screen - drag it upwards to see all of them.  Make sure they are all checked so that you are really viewing all of the calendars and check some of the failed entries.

At the top of the event creation screen, the calendar being used for that event is shown and can be changed to the one you want to use.  I can't remember how I changed the default one to the one I wanted.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Calendar Problem

Hi, I did this and one calendar was unchecked. When I checked this it fixed problem. Thank you very much.

Lloyd