account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bluetooth skips while playing music

Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Bluetooth skips while playing music

When I'm playing music through poweramp or walkman to my pioneer car stereo the music skips and turns quiet for a second ever 20-30 seconds or so. No problem with other phones. I made a hard reset but still the same problem. What gives?

15 REPLIES 15
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Bluetooth skips while playing music

@moshcrew

Do you experience the same with all music apps? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

yes

Visitor
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Only over bluetooth though. I have tried to reconnect, disable stamina, hard reset and you name it.

Emperor
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

@moshcrew

It seems to be a lollipop issue, not just Sony but other Androids running lollipop

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

God damm it. Great job Google. What good is bluetooth without streaming?

Emperor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

@moshcrew

I agree with you

Genius
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Hi moshcrew

If this happens while connecting via bluetooth, you can try clearing the data for SmartConnect to see if that helps at all. Just go to Settings > Apps > All > SmartConnect > tap Clear data. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Xperia Z3 bluetooth skipping after screen replacement

Hi.

After having my Z3 for a week I managed to break the screen Slightly frowning Face I got it replaced on phone insurance and since then bluetooth audio seems to skip. Is this a software thing or have they broken something when replacing the screen?

- It worked fine before the screen was replaced.

- I use spotify for music onto an SD card (different card to before, but same brand)

- Music is fine over headphones

- In my car there is one skip followed by a shorter skip, on my Sony BT speaker it is just a small skip

- range makes no difference

- it seems to be random, i.e. a skip every couple of mins for 20 mins, but then not againfor an hour

- It skips on my Mini stereo, the JVC one in my other car and on the portable Sony one (SRSBTX300)

- My phone got reset during being repaired so I'm wondering if something is different

- The music pauses during the skip, not carries on, like a CD skipping.

I have tried not using nuplayer in android, stopping a load of apps. The next step is to reset the device again.

Thanks

Highlighted
Genius
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Re: Xperia Z3 bluetooth skipping after screen replacement

Hi james6546, welcome to the community!

Have you tried clearing the data for SmartConnect under Settings > Apps > All? If not please try this and then test again to see whether this has helped or not. If this doesn't help you can also clear the cache or data for the app you are using to play the music under Settings > Apps > All.

Keep us updated. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.