Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-08-10 09:56 PM
When I'm playing music through poweramp or walkman to my pioneer car stereo the music skips and turns quiet for a second ever 20-30 seconds or so. No problem with other phones. I made a hard reset but still the same problem. What gives?
2015-08-11 03:46 AM
If this happens while connecting via bluetooth, you can try clearing the data for SmartConnect to see if that helps at all. Just go to Settings > Apps > All > SmartConnect > tap Clear data.
2015-08-11 10:49 AM
After having my Z3 for a week I managed to break the screen I got it replaced on phone insurance and since then bluetooth audio seems to skip. Is this a software thing or have they broken something when replacing the screen?
- It worked fine before the screen was replaced.
- I use spotify for music onto an SD card (different card to before, but same brand)
- Music is fine over headphones
- In my car there is one skip followed by a shorter skip, on my Sony BT speaker it is just a small skip
- range makes no difference
- it seems to be random, i.e. a skip every couple of mins for 20 mins, but then not againfor an hour
- It skips on my Mini stereo, the JVC one in my other car and on the portable Sony one (SRSBTX300)
- My phone got reset during being repaired so I'm wondering if something is different
- The music pauses during the skip, not carries on, like a CD skipping.
I have tried not using nuplayer in android, stopping a load of apps. The next step is to reset the device again.
2015-08-12 01:25 AM
Hi james6546, welcome to the community!
Have you tried clearing the data for SmartConnect under Settings > Apps > All? If not please try this and then test again to see whether this has helped or not. If this doesn't help you can also clear the cache or data for the app you are using to play the music under Settings > Apps > All.
Keep us updated.