account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery Problems

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Battery Problems

Google Play Services/Google services recently updated for my Z3C and it drained my battery like never b4. Anyone else experiencing this problem? And anyone got any ideas on how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Battery Problems

@SMRTLim

it has happened to me too, and I had to uninsall all the Google apps updates. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@SMRTLim

Open the playstore > check the settings (auto update), also check G+ and google photos that its not auto backing up nor auto updating the apps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It's been 11 hours since I posted this and I should give an update.

So I turned on safe mode, thinking that it might have been a 3rd party app that is causing this, but the battery is still draining like crazy and device is still super hot.

So I then uninstalled updates for the Google Play Store and Google Photos. And started setting things back up again. From what I can tell at that time, it had something to do with my photos backing up to Google Photos.

So as of right now, the battery drain seems to be normal, my phone is not heating up like crazy....everything just went back to normal as sudden as it went haywire. Really not sure what happened but from what I can tell, it had something to do with Google Photos trying to back up my photos. 

Also, to answer your question, my auto app updates are ON for Google Play Store and photos are automatically backed up to Google Photos via WiFi only.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@SMRTLim

it has happened to me too, and I had to uninsall all the Google apps updates. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Well, looks like we just found a new solution to well, this problem, which I still have no idea what or how it happened. 

I do have 2 questions though.

1. Is it possible to Force Stop or Uninstall Updates for Google Play Services?

2. What happens if I disable Google Play Services? Because when I attempted to, a warning message popped up.

Screenshot_2016-03-20-09-32-57.png

Screenshot_2016-03-20-09-42-11.pngI

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@SMRTLim

You won't be able to use other Google apps and services, also I don't have the option to disable them, I can't see the pictures until they are approved by a moderator.