account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

After Lollipop update, I can't attach something as the keyboard block the attachment menu.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

After Lollipop update, I can't attach something as the keyboard block the attachment menu.

When I pressed the attachment πŸ“Ž logo, I can't even see it as it is blocked by the keyboard. When I press the keyboard down button, I can only merely see the attachment menu in back of the keyboard. please fix this thing.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: After Lollipop update, I can't attach something as the keyboard block the attachment menu.

Post an screen shot explaining your issues
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Re: After Lollipop update, I can't attach something as the keyboard block the attachment menu.

Have you seen this ?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/MESSAGE-ATTACHMENT-BUG-ON-LOLLIPOP/m-p/961157#M24714

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Happen to me too, if i use experia keyboard, there is no way i could attach anything. google keyboard is better because there is a down button to minimize the kybaord so you can use the attachment fuction in messaging page. 

thought the new update would fix the problem but it still occur, Sony please help! this is annoying! 

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I had the same issue before and i confirm that it was cause by third party application (CLEAN MASTER).

And to resolve the issue i just disable the ISWIPE and FLOATING WIDGET function in CLEAN MASTER settings. No need to uninstall the app. :smileysmileythumbsup:

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Perfect, this fixed it for me too..... Thanks

Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thank you, cleanmaster was the villian. Disabling the ISWIPE fixed it.

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Hey peeps. My gf has same problem and does not have any of the above apps installed. Any ideas? Will Sony release a software update to remove this issue?
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Same here. Tried the Xperia keyboard and Swiftkey but can't see the attachments menu. 

Update: one way around this problem is to change the messaging app to Google Messenger Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

ES Explorer is another app where the swipe assist need to be disabled to get the attachment stuff to work.