account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

6.0.1 : Play Store crashes - can't update Google Play Services and other apps (and phone is hot !)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

6.0.1 : Play Store crashes - can't update Google Play Services and other apps (and phone is hot !)

Hi,

I updated to Android 6.0.1 (23.5.A.0.575) on my Z3 Compact (D5803) and I have a annoying issue : I can't update Google Play services or any app.

What occured and what i did :

Step 1 : Just after update : random crashes

Just after the update, Google Play Services notification occurs as it is needed to be updated. But when tapping on it it opens Play stores, which closes immediately... If I open Play Store manually, I have the same behavior (between 2 and 10 seconds before crash). The crash leaves no message, It only goes back to "desktop".

Step 2 : Removing cache, data and updates

I tried removing cache (1st step), data (2nd step) and updates (3rd step) on Google Play Store, with reboot, and each time had no effect on my issue : I still had the same behavior.

Step 3 : Uninstalling updates of Google Play Services

I removed the updates of Google Play Services. Now, Play Store does not crash but I can't update any app, i get the error "*App Name* Can't be Downloaded. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting.(Error while retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15])"

(or, in french: "Impossible de télécharger la mise à jour de xxx, car une erreur s'est produite (Erreur lors de la récupération des informations depuis le serveur ([DF-DLA-15]).)."

Could you help me please ? How can I reinstall Play Store and Play Services ?

And other issue : my phone is very hot ! Is it normal with this update ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: 6.0.1 : Play Store crashes - can't update Google Play Services and other apps (and phone is hot

Hi Ze_Bast,

Can you try the following.

1. Uninstall updates to Google Play Store

2. Clear data from Google Play Services

3. Clear Data from Google Services Framework

4. Restart Handset

5. Try accessing Play Store.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: 6.0.1 : Play Store crashes - can't update Google Play Services and other apps (and phone is hot

@Ze_Bast

Do you experience the same in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi Ze_Bast,

Can you try the following.

1. Uninstall updates to Google Play Store

2. Clear data from Google Play Services

3. Clear Data from Google Services Framework

4. Restart Handset

5. Try accessing Play Store.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

The easiest way:

Run Repair Phone through Sony PC Companion.

Remember to back-up all data first, run 'repair phone'.

Before re-installing back-up start and test phone in 'basic' without any extra apps installed.

If ok, re-install from back-up all personal files, ut NOT apps.

Do a fresh download and install of needed apps from Play Store.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Ze_Bast Any chance you can remove the microSD if any to see if the crashes still occur?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Thank you Jake, it worked. I just don't have the new Google Play app for now, but I hope it will automatically update soon.

Thank you others for your support, even if i did not try your suggestions.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Just try restarting the handset again and see if the app updates, it should do it by default.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

It did update, yes, Thank you Jake.