account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

5.1.1 (build 546) losing connection on T-mobile

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 61 of 92
Message 61 of 92

Re: No LTE (4G) on the UK THREE network since update to 5.1.1

I'm in the UK but with Vodafone and also have 4G at no extra cost, I wasn't aware 3 also did this

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Regular
Message 62 of 92
Message 62 of 92

Re: 5.1.1 (build 546) losing connection on T-mobile

Took me a bit to find this again since the Z3 thread was merged with the Z3 compact thread.

Anyway, sorry for not posting yesterday, things took longer than expected to get figured out. The trip to T-Mobile was futile as I figured it would be. Nothing worth mentioning there.

I got ahold of someone from Sony and they wanted me to send in my phone to figure out if it is a manufacturing defect or not. So my phone is now on its way to the repair center. I'm hoping they will actually be able to reproduce the issue as I was having an extremely difficult time figuring out when exactly it was happening. The only theory I have is it may have something to do with leaving the area of a wifi connection while wifi is still on as I am thinking that this issue only surfaced when I was away from any of my normal wifi connection spots and still had wifi on (I usually turn it completely off when I'm not near my work or house). That is still just a theory though unfortunately.

But now comes the ~3 week waiting time. I'll post more updates if I have any.

Learner
Message 63 of 92
Message 63 of 92

Re: No LTE (4G) on the UK THREE network since update to 5.1.1

Latest bug i've found - screen cast simply does not work anymore - SONY SONY SONY - just give it up on the mobile front as you are completely useless at it. Your hardware may be good but you simply do not have the software engineers capable of doing it justice - my last EVER SONY purchase the SONY XPERIA Z3 a software crippled device !!!!!!

Talent
Message 64 of 92
Message 64 of 92

Cellular Network Keep on Stop working after Android 5.1.1 update

3 days ago I updated to the new Android 5.1.1 firmware on my Xperia Z3 Compact phone. After the update, the last few days I been experiencing Cellular network shutting down on me. I was unable to browse the internet, facebook, whatsapp, browser, nothing working. But as soon as I restart the phone. the network is working again, but it stop after a certain amount of time. it didn't just happen in one location. I was in different location and it happens the same. it works if I connect to a wireless network, but once i take it off the wireless and use my cellular network. it's stuck until I restart my phone. Any solutions?

Emperor
Message 65 of 92
Message 65 of 92

Re: Cellular Network Keep on Stop working after Android 5.1.1 update

@UncleSammo

Do you have any antivirus or taskillers? 

Does it work fine on safe mode?

Have you contacted your carrier/network regarding any network coverage issues?

How old is the the SIM card?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 66 of 92
Message 66 of 92

I do have an Anti-virus: AVG

I have not try with safe mode. I shouldn't have to because all my apps are the same when I had Android 5.0. Nothing change accept for Android 5.1.1

I have not contacted the carrier because it works after a restart and it's not localize to one geographical location. So therefore it's not the carrier's problem.

My Sim card is about 6 months old. I replaced The Sim when I got this phone.
Emperor
Message 67 of 92
Message 67 of 92

@UncleSammo

Uninstall the antivirus > restart the phone > check again

or

boot on safe mode 

or 

reinstall the latest update with PCC and report back

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 68 of 92
Message 68 of 92

Hi UncleSammo

Here are some additional steps on running the repair with PC Companion: 

1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

and Bridge for MAC:

1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia
Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the
following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the
continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that
you are holding the relevant button down before during and
after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 69 of 92
Message 69 of 92

Thank you Sophia for the instructions, but I already know. I have done it to many times, because every time I have a little problem, the only thing support can give me is to repair. There's never any troubleshooting involve like other manufacturers gone through an hour with me and if finally can not be fix, than the last option is to reset where as Sony the first option is to reset, which is what repair is.

Anyway, I did went ahead and did the whole reset, which took me 6 hours to get everything back and fully customize to the way I wanted. So far is been wiring, however I'm connected to wireless most of the time when I'm home. It won't be truely tested until tomorrow when I step out on my house and no saying how long it takes to stop working.

Uliwooly
Thanks for your suggestion. I can Uninstaller the Antivirus, but I'm confidence is not the cause of the problem. As I had mentioned, all work fine with android 5.0. For the last few months since upgrade to it. To my surprise, I had no problems with 5.0.

Booting to safe mode is not an option. First for most, after a restart, all connectivity is working again, so if I reboot my phone to safe mode, it will work because of the restart.

Second, I don't know when it will stop working, so I can't be on safe mode all day just to wait for it to not work. If I can duplicate the problem, safe mode is a way to troubleshoot, but in this case is not.

Anyway, I did a full repair as I had mentioned above. Let's see if this will happen again.
Highlighted
Genius
Message 70 of 92
Message 70 of 92

I see UncleSammo, if a software repair is offered as a first option that is because generally it is the only thing that is likely to work.

Keep us updated on this, glad to hear all is well so far Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.