account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

5.1.1 (build 546) losing connection on T-mobile

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 31 of 92
Message 31 of 92

Re: 5.1.1 (build 546) losing connection on T-mobile

I'm having the same issue as well.  On both mine and my wife's Z3 Compacts on T-Mobile after the latest software update.  I called T-Mobile and verified all settings.  Called Sony and they insisted it was the APN settings.  After going through and re-verifying the APN settings with what was provided me from T-Mobile, I could definitely say the APN settings were correct.  Also, having IPV4 vs IPV6 makes no difference.  When I do lost data, I can disable mobile data and turn it back on and it will work, as will, as someone previously mentioned, turning airplane mode on/off and restarting the phone.  It looks like there is some fault in the data connection that must be reset after a period of time and it is fixed via re-establishing the connection.  I hvae called Sony again and Sony continues to insist that the problems is that the APN settings in my phone are incorrect and that I must contact my carrier to fix it.

Visitor
Message 32 of 92
Message 32 of 92

I have noticed the same thing, the phone seems to be going through the battery much quicker and the heat issues as if processes are not shutting off/down as they should.

Visitor
Message 33 of 92
Message 33 of 92

There's an option for IPv4/IPv6 as well as the one for only IPv4. Which is preferable in this fix and why? Seems like the one that has both ought to be better, but the accept solution on this thread recommends only IPv4. Is that intentional or just an overloop of the other option?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 34 of 92
Message 34 of 92

I also have a problem similar to this on the 3 network in the UK,
Adviser
Message 35 of 92
Message 35 of 92

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with these issues. Well, maybe glad isn't the right word -- sad, really, but at least I now know I've not been hallucinating the past few days.

I'm hoping futzing with the IPv# settings helps, but if it doesn't...is there ANY way we can revert to the last OS release before 5.1.1? Because frankly, this phone is unusable on T Mobile with the current release. Sony better get off its and fix this bug ASAP.

There was no foul language. Wish Sony and moderators would spend more time searching for a solution to this issue instead of trolling the forum for someone using the "h word" out of frustration caused by a botched update.

Learner
Message 36 of 92
Message 36 of 92

Mobile data dropping randomly

Recently bought a Z3 (D6603) as upgrade from my Z2. Overall was pleased with the replacement until last Friday (31 July) when I applied the Android 5.1.1 update. After the update, my mobile data connection will work for a little bit, then suddenly cut out. On the home screen and notification bar, I still have 4G/H+/H showing but when I open an application like Google maps, it will say it's not connected to the internet. At first I thought it was a carrier issue (T-Mobile) but after checking with them, I have determined it has to be the phone. The only way I can get mobile data back is by either power cycling the phone off then on, cycling it through airplane mode, or turning off and then turning back on mobile data manually. Needless to say, it has become a chore to do and I cannot reliably receive/send my work email nor use the GPS function to navigate. I do not have Stamina mode active either. Please help Sony!

Emperor
Message 37 of 92
Message 37 of 92

Re: Mobile data dropping randomly

@wildfish

Let's narrow down the issue.

Settings > about phone > status > signal what do you see?

boot on safe mode and check again

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

or repair the phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 38 of 92
Message 38 of 92

Already repaired via PC Companion yesterday. No results. Also just got off the phone with T-Mobile who reset my network connection so I reconnected to the network and still having the same problem.

Signal strength currently -101 dBm 40 asu

Not sure how booting in safe mode will help the issue, so if you could expound on how that will help I'll try later. Thanks.

Emperor
Message 39 of 92
Message 39 of 92

@wildfish

That's a poor network coverage, that's not a phone issue but your network's coverage. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 40 of 92
Message 40 of 92

I have the same exact problem. Z3 compact on T-mobile. After recent update , few days ago,

my phone loses Internet connection. In order to reconnected, I go to setting change to GSM and back to LTE.

However I could go all day without knowing that I am not connected.

Z3 comapct model D5803, Android 5.1.1, build number 23.4.A.0.546.

Until there is a solution Sony must let us roll back. I know how to roll back to factory setting but how to roll back to the previous build ?