account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xz2 high temperature

SOLVED
Message 91 of 268
Message 91 of 268

Re: xperia Z2 camera problem

I know it will never happenFace with rolling Eyes But I will make them repair my phone if the problems persist. Luckily we have a rule here in Denmark that says if they have failed to repair your phone in three attemp you are entitled to get your money back.

Hope it won't be necessary. 

Greetings 

David

Apprentice
Message 92 of 268
Message 92 of 268

Re: xperia z2 heat and other problems!!!

17.1.A.2.55 at the moment but I have seen that Sony has released some new ones. Which one are you suggesting?
Apprentice
Message 93 of 268
Message 93 of 268

I see the latest seems to be the 17.1.1.A.0.402 one. Not sure this is available in France yet? Will give it a try via the pc companion support later on this week to find out.
Thanks
Commissioner
Message 94 of 268
Message 94 of 268

Hi Dadou, if I am right, there is already 2 updates along the way that Sony is trying hard to improve the camera and heat issues. Since Sony Mobile first launch Xperia S, it is well known that it takes a while for Sony to fine tune their latest phones but firmwares updates are more frequent today compared to 2 years ago. So once your provider in France releases the update, try it out and share whether there are any improvements. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 95 of 268
Message 95 of 268

While playing real racing 3 for 5 minutes my phone went upto 64c..really uncomfortable to hold the phone anymore.it also forced closed in the camera app notifying it needed to cool down. I spent 49500rs on this phone.now i know this phone **bleep** and htc one m8 was a better option.first time jumping to Sony phones from Samsung and truely a bad experience. I measured my cpu temperature using cpu temp app from google play.

Visitor
Message 96 of 268
Message 96 of 268

Re: xz2 high temperature

Hi, are there some news on the overheating issue and possible fix?

I just changed from Z1 to Z2 and I am considering to return the phone (I still can do within 14 days from the day of purchase). I am having problems with my black Z2 and 4K video.

I had Note3 for about 4 months (before I changed to Z1)  and didnt have any issues to record a 20mins 4K video, now with Z2 the camera app stops due to high temperature after 5-6 minutes.  I record inside (with no sun or high temp) in about 20-21 dg. celsius, which is a normal room temperature.

In case Sony is aware and will provide a fix soon I'll keep the phone, otherwise Im returning it next week .

Learner
Message 97 of 268
Message 97 of 268

Z2 Camera stops because of overheating

Hello,

I've seen more than one post about overheating Z2's. Mine is doing it aswell when im using the camera. Sometimes it exits my camera app in like 1min because it's overheating. Even without using the 4k video capturing. 

This is kinda weird, i got this telephone for like 3 days.

Is there a official reply to the problem from Sony? I would like to know what i can do about this nonsense. Trying to make a photo for 1min and it crashes. That's just weird.

I would like to know what i can do with this problem. If i knew this, the extra MP on the camera would be alot less attractive.

Vigo

Message 98 of 268
Message 98 of 268

Re: Z2 Camera stops because of overheating

Where are you storing the videos?Internal or micro SD?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 99 of 268
Message 99 of 268

I am storing on SD and have the same issue
Message 100 of 268
Message 100 of 268

This should have been fixed with the last firmware update,just search through this forum.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.