account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problems

SOLVED
Highlighted
MVC
Adept
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: wifi problems

The above process also completely wipes your phone. The 'backup' element of the PC Companion software takes a very long time but does NOT back very much up. Wifi settings seem to be the only useful thing backed up/restored.
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

help ongoing wifi problems

I am still having problems trying to get my wifi to come on seems to be first thing in the morning but I press the shortcut or the switch button and nothing happens I've tried turning off stamina mode which was recommended to me but to no effect anyone else having this problem
Commissioner
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Re: help ongoing wifi problems

u can back up your phone on an external sd card or the internal partition which wouldnt wipe but would advice you to back up via sd card 

Visitor
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

Re: help ongoing wifi problems

Both my wifes and my Z2 keep dropping wifi in the house and its really really starting to cause anger issues. All the other gadgets and devices in house dont drop the wifi

As said above, even in the same room as the router its dropping

Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

@SimondoCole I didn't have this problem although I can understand you and your wife's frustration with it. I followed sonys advice and reset my Z2 through the computer companion and it has fixed my problem what I think I might of done was removed apps I didn't use and although I thought you could do that and there shouldn't be a problem but it looks like that might of been a cause hopefully this might help you
Visitor
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

that the pc companion software post on page 1?

Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

@Simondocole yeah those instructions but remember to back up your phone's first to sd card and then use that back up to reload your apps settings etc oh and good luck
Visitor
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

not ideal is it

Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

No honestly it's not I came offer from a iPhone 5s where you never get problems but tbh I love my Z2 the camera is brilliant and the group has helped with the problems I hope it's the same for you as well
Rookie
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Ive been having this issue for months an no fix seems to work.