account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problems

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

wifi problems

Hey guys having problems randomly getting my Z2 onto wifi will swith it on and button will highlight but not turn on has anyone else came across this and more so any idea of a fix thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Re: wifi problems

@Broxibear_cfs_fighte - In this case it sounds like more of a software issue rather than hardware and as such a firmware repair will likely get this one sorted for you:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Adviser
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Yes. It happens to my Xperia Z2 too.
I have now turned off the STAMINA function, and it seems to solve the problem.
Before that, I had to restart the phone to get connected to WiFi again.
I wonder if Sony will fix this problem, but I don't think they will. I don't think they care about their customers.
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Thanks I will try that and fingers crossed your wrong about sony as I have to say I love my Xperia Z2 it's just such a random problem for no reason
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

@Broxibear_cfs_fighte - Please do let us know if the problem continues as there can be a number of reasons for this to occur from a sfotware conflict to a hardware problem, though hardware is much less likely.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

I find it quite annoying that I have to disable the STAMINA function, to be able to access my WiFi.
The idea with the STAMINA function is great though. Just too bad that it doesn't work.
Will there be a fix for this problem?
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

@Sam thanks I will do last night it was about 35mins before I could get wifi to work this is the second time it's happend to me for no reason I switch the switch for wifi but it colours but won't actually turn on then all of sudden usually after a bit it catches up with itself and turns on
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

@Sam I'm sorry to say it's doing it again this morning I can't turn wifi on via the short cut or the actual switch any help would greatly appreciated I've tried @Donmegas idea with stamina but it doesn't work with mine unfortunately
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

@Sam hi Sam I have noticed that the only way I can get wifi to come back on is to keep switching airplane mode on and off and eventually it will come back on after 20mins or so really wierd any ideas?
Adviser
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

I'm having issues too and this is my second z2 in as many months for other issues...!!! mine just seem to be dropping in and out one minute it'll be fine the next I'm waiting for pages to load even when I'm sat in the same room as the wi-fi router.. And no its not the router as my wife's cheapy HTC Desire c has no trouble at all just powers on..and if I switch back to my services provider Internet the page will install load..
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

@Broxibear_cfs_fighte - In this case it sounds like more of a software issue rather than hardware and as such a firmware repair will likely get this one sorted for you:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif

View solution in original post