account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

touch screen too sensitive

Rookie
Message 11 of 29
Message 11 of 29

Re: touch screen too sensitive

I'm having the same issue with my Z2.  I can hover my finger over the screen and it'll register as a button press.  Makes typing an adventure if my fingers linger over the on screen keyboard for a second.  I've dropped a note to support ...

Demigod
Message 12 of 29
Message 12 of 29

I have this problem too when the phone is charging via USB port. Touchsreen becomes eratic. Actually this happens even on my Z. Further seach shows that it's an issue on almost every other phone as well. Even on windows and Iphone. However, nobody is able to point out iwhat the issue actually is.

As for the touchscreen being too sensitive, I notice that too initially. But I don't seem to have that probem anymore. I'''m not sure if it's because I downgrade my firmware. Zipper-mouth Face

Visitor
Message 13 of 29
Message 13 of 29

Xperiz Z2 screen sensitivity issue. (with glass screen protector + its official cover)

I Think my z2 has a problem about screen sensitivity. By hovering the finger above the screen / app, it seems to register as a touch. This problem get worse when using with z2 official cover from sony. when i walk with z2 in my jean pocket, it changes music, and sometime call someone by itself. Is it because of my  Glass Screen Protector or Z2 Cover or z2 problem? If you have solution please tell me.

ps. Glove mode is turn off, and have firmware version  17.1.A.2.55 (this issue has occured even before updating firmware)

Please help me. Thank you very much

Adviser
Message 14 of 29
Message 14 of 29

Re: Xperiz Z2 screen sensitivity issue. (with glass screen protector + its official cover)

the screen on my z2 has been normal before i added a screen protector and after. all time glove mode was off.

no problems with the sensitivity when it is charging via usb or magnetic cable.

one thing i realised with my Z previously was when i used a travel adaptor (i was travelling), the travel adaptor seem to cause my Z's screen to act up in the sense when i press on button, it will react as if i pressed it 10-20 times constantly. this disappears when i change from my travel adaptor back to the sony adaptor.

what i am trying to say is perhaps it has something to do with the adaptor used or adaptor issue. if changing the adaptor does not work, then perhaps it is really a hardware issue.

Demigod
Message 15 of 29
Message 15 of 29

Re: Xperiz Z2 screen sensitivity issue. (with glass screen protector + its official cover)

In that case, the screen could be the most probable issue. Try to post on XDA and see if other users of the same protector is having issues as well.

As for the issue while charging, i think there's too many variable to isolate the main culprit.

Visitor
Message 16 of 29
Message 16 of 29

thank you very much for all replies. I will post at XDA as suggested.

One time poster
Message 17 of 29
Message 17 of 29

My screen registers touch inputs when my finger is 2mm above the screen. Glove mode is off.

This causes lots of accidental presses when I have the phone in my pocket
Apprentice
Message 18 of 29
Message 18 of 29

I have the same issue, for me suddenly the screen operates the application and it also it's content. it is irrespective of which screen I am in, in that screen what ever application available as Top second left gets activated automatically, and also contenets on that position of any application including in chrome browser gets activates. also when I bring my hand near the screen it activates the application, glove mode is OFF.

Any body has found solution, please update here please. 

Commissioner
Message 19 of 29
Message 19 of 29

I had the same issue returned the device and got a new one what's your build no mine was 14w18 now the replacement 14w19 is perfect
Visitor
Message 20 of 29
Message 20 of 29

Has anyone found a solution to this ? I'm having the same problem.