account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

touch screen too sensitive

Visitor
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

touch screen too sensitive

recently got the z2, i dont even have to touch the screen and it assigns the touch so if i hover my finger over an app icon it registers it as a touch and opens the app, when the phone is on charge the touch is a bit hit and miss especial on the tap to wake up.

is anyone else experiencing this? also glove mode is off

28 REPLIES 28
Rookie
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Problem about the touchscreen's responsiveness.

I just bought my Xperia Z2. It seems like due to "glove mode" . The touchscreen is not very responsive at times. Especially when I placed the phone horizontally on the bed or the table. This is sort of like the same issue that I had with my Xperia SP. Seems like Sony hasn't done anything about this. I really love Sony products, but it is all these little things that disappoint me. Xperia Z2 is a 2014 flagship, I expect better. Sony please do something about this. The responsiveness of the touchscreen is probably the most crucial part of smartphones.
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Problem about the touchscreen's responsiveness.

Can you disable glove mode ?

It is more important how others perceive us than how we perceive ourselves.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

Re: touch screen too sensitive

You could apply an extra film protector 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

why should i need to do this, isnt this sony responsiblity to fix these type of issues?

this is like saying if the phone gets hot put ice on it

i dont use film protectors

Visitor
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Is the glove mode on?

Its floating touch then, you can just hover and it will track and swipe.

Xperia-Glove-mode[1].jpeg

Emperor
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

Calm down, this forum is for us, users to help each other, follow the other advise and if you want to give a piece of your mind to Sony then contact them directly

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

yes glove mode is off

YYH
Visitor
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

I rmb there is a setting to prevent accidental touch input on screen while using in water... Anyone rmb how to get to it? I can't find it again...
Emperor
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

@YYH

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/07/02/sony-intros-touch-block-feature-to-prevent-unintentional-touche...