account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Close hatch"-warning, when hatches are already closed

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

"Close hatch"-warning, when hatches are already closed

Hi

Sometimes the "close hatch"-warning pops up even though the hatches for the SD-card and micro-usb are closed... is this normal? Does the phone sense if the hatches are open? Maybe I have problem with the water-proofing?

When this happens I open and re-close the hatches, but I still have to click down the warning some times. I guess my earlier question is the answer to this aswell(does the phone sense if the hatch is open?)

Greets!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: "Close hatch"-warning, when hatches are already closed

Yes,they usually come up when a cable is connected or a SIM or SD is inserted.But it could occur even in other situations.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I never got this warning message, even when connected via cable.

I doubt there is a sensor on the flaps, but again maybe im wrong.
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I do not think there is a sensor,it could be related to the action of connecting/disconnecting from the USB.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

there's no sensor it's a reminder incase you decide to take your device for a swim disabled mine not to show again and it never does 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I guess smart connect is a little related.

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I also keep getting these warnings,i was advised to go to apps >smart connect>clear data but warnings still persist. I cleaned the flaps but nothing seems to work. I know i could click the don't show this message box but is that not just hiding the issue?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

its just a reminder to make sure your flaps are closed.

Click the "don't show this again" checkbox and the popups will stop