account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

multi angle camera

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

multi angle camera

I would to know how make work the multi camera app of my Z2 with other xperia devices (z1, zl, m, etc) becasue when I pair with them only appear the files that will be shared, and on my phone only says connecting. do they need the app also?

please your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Re: multi angle camera

You will not be able to connect it to another Xperia unit than the Z2/Z3 series since these are the only Xperia products that supports this function for the moment.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

13 REPLIES 13
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Hi,

Currently, the Multi Camera function is only available for the Z2. Z3 series and some of the Sony camera products.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

thank you for your answer, but I am not clear, the app works only for z3and z2, but what about the connection? qith my z2 cannot connect to other xperia equipment beside the z2 and z3?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

You will not be able to connect it to another Xperia unit than the Z2/Z3 series since these are the only Xperia products that supports this function for the moment.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

thank you, now I undestand

Talent
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Multi-Camera App

Hi Team,

I was trying to test the Multi-Camera functionality in the recently updated 4.4.4 update on my Z2.

my wife is having a Z1 Compact, i started the Multi-Camera app and it asked me to get the other device connected to NFC, but Z1 compact was never getting added to that.

Maybe is there any other process to do this like pairing or anything before starting the app?

Appreciate your help.

Do not forget to give kudos and to select the correct answer as solution

Always Xperia
Rookie
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Re: Multi-Camera App

My Z2 has been updated to 4.4.4, and I tried to test out the Multi Camera app with my DSC-HX60v Sony digicam that has NFC function

However upon launching Multi Camera and NFC-touching Z2 with the digital camera, both devices show only connecting and then timeout

This digital camera has been connecting to Z2 via playmemories mobile and smart remote control without issue, only issue is with Multi Camera app

Is there any setting to be done at the digital camera?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Same here.

I have Xperia Z2 with 4.4.4 and multi camera app trying to connect to my RX100ii with no success.

The RX100ii can be remote-controlled via Playmemories Mobile but when connecting to the multi camera app the RX100ii shows a connected state while the phone says "connecting..." but nothing happens.

Can someone please share a list of supported devices (phones cameras etc.) so that we can at least stop trying unsupported devices?

Thx

Rookie
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I called the local Sony Mobile support, but the advice given was to flash the phone again using SUS.

They totally have no idea how to connect the phone to another Sony brand WIFI/NFC digicam

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

I'm not sure why your local support team said that you should reinstall the latest software since this is something that the digital camera itself needs to support.

Unfortunately, it's hard for us at Sony Mobile to answer which cameras that have this function since the support for the cameras are handled by Sony Electronics. I suggest that you contact Sony Electronics and/or visit their forum to see if you can find further info regarding this function for your camera(s):
http://community.sony.com/