account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

moisture in Z2 camera lens

One time poster
Message 21 of 48
Message 21 of 48

Re: moisture in Z2 camera lens

Ive had exactly the same problem. Moved from a different brand also for the first time in like 8 years, I love a lot of Sony products but this is disappointing. Does anyone have a certified resolution for this?

Visitor
Message 22 of 48
Message 22 of 48

it seems like the only option is to report the fault and send the phone to be fixed, or replaced, which i will be doing tommrow morning.

not sure if i'm happy with this outcome, only because i dont hold much hope for the new phone not having the same problem. I have heard rumors a Z3 may be on the way soon. could this be its because of problems with the current Z2?.

either way i cant say i would still be interested by the time its released.

Message 23 of 48
Message 23 of 48

@Aderz2003 wrote:

it seems like the only option is to report the fault and send the phone to be fixed, or replaced, which i will be doing tommrow morning.

not sure if i'm happy with this outcome, only because i dont hold much hope for the new phone not having the same problem. I have heard rumors a Z3 may be on the way soon. could this be its because of problems with the current Z2?.

either way i cant say i would still be interested by the time its released.

Z3 released as Sony's 6 month flagship. They started introducing a new high end device every six months since the Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 24 of 48
Message 24 of 48

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Z2 last week. The moisture appeared after taking the Z2 from cold springs to a nearby grill area to take a picture. Searched the entire net for a solution but all will say to bring your device to your nearest Sony Care Center. Here in the Philippines, they will have to take your phone in for evaluation and assessment and they told me it would take 45 days for the phone to be replaced or fixed. I didnt want that, so i searched for other solutions. I came upon one in google that saids try to record a 4K video and open all the flaps the phone will gets hot and after the recording stops, just let the phone cool down all by itself. Tried this, didnt work on my first try. but on my second, the mositure turned into liquid and then after a few hours, it was gone. I cant believe it, but it was really gone. For those who has the same problem with the lens and led flash try this, it woould only take one night or a whole day. there's no harm in trying. Hope it works for you!

Regards!

Highlighted
Genius
Message 25 of 48
Message 25 of 48

@PoeGarcia wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Z2 last week. The moisture appeared after taking the Z2 from cold springs to a nearby grill area to take a picture. Searched the entire net for a solution but all will say to bring your device to your nearest Sony Care Center. Here in the Philippines, they will have to take your phone in for evaluation and assessment and they told me it would take 45 days for the phone to be replaced or fixed. I didnt want that, so i searched for other solutions. I came upon one in google that saids try to record a 4K video and open all the flaps the phone will gets hot and after the recording stops, just let the phone cool down all by itself. Tried this, didnt work on my first try. but on my second, the mositure turned into liquid and then after a few hours, it was gone. I cant believe it, but it was really gone. For those who has the same problem with the lens and led flash try this, it woould only take one night or a whole day. there's no harm in trying. Hope it works for you!

Regards!

That is a very clever idea.....have often wondered if the condensation that builds on the inside lenses is caused by quick changes in the temp of the phone.....

But this tip is great....not a permanent solution but well done for finding it Thinking Face

One time poster
Message 26 of 48
Message 26 of 48

Thanks it work Grinning Face
Apprentice
Message 27 of 48
Message 27 of 48

Thank for the suggestion, it worked a bit for now but not totally.. that's very annoying tough,I'm going where i bought the phone to see the time to have it fixed

One time poster
Message 28 of 48
Message 28 of 48

Thanks bro it was very clever idea
More clever than sony technical support
Learner
Message 29 of 48
Message 29 of 48

i have the same problem. I used it in a pool on the 13/09/2014 and the moisture is locked in the lens

Learner
Message 30 of 48
Message 30 of 48

how long was the 4k video ?