account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

face unlock not available on lolipop?

Demigod
Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: no facial recognition after update

Go into Settings / Security / Smart lock

There you'll find nfc, bluetooth and face unlock. If you don't have Smart lock visible enable it in trusted agents.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Visitor
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

Re: face unlock not available on lolipop?

It won't work on mine either, only had the phone two days!wish I hadn't updated now as I've set up face unlock but it doesn't work.
Visitor
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

I've done all of this and followed all previous instructions but it's still making me input my pattern instead each time Slightly frowning Face
Learner
Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

I already followed the instructions by rickard, but nothing change. The phone can be unlocked by draw pattern only each time. Still no face unlocking!

Apprentice
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

The face unlock is working well for my phone, even better than before (Kit Kat) . The implementation of face unlck is slightly different in Lollipop. When you ON the screen, there is no camera showing your face. The face capturing is working in background. You would see at bottom of the screen a small face icon. Wait a while it should unlock, and you will see a unlock icon.

hope this would help.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

Hi,

Face unlock is working fine for me. The only difference between kitkat and lollipop is while detecting your face on lock screen, it doesnt show up your face as it uses the camera in the background which can be an issue at times because you dont know if you are holding the phone at a right angle or not. But what is disappointing is smart location unlocking. I have tried adding a dozen of locations manually, but no matter where I am, I still have to unlock it using a code even the location is stored as a trusted location. My location mode is already set to high accuracy. Not sure why it is happening as I am able to use GPS just fine.

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

It's working just the same as with Manu_Z2 for me.  Face unlock works just as well (if not better) than with KitKat - although takes a little getting used to.

Trusted locations seem not to work at all - although some googling suggests this is not a Sony issue and is common to a lot of Lolliop devices.

One time poster
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

face unlock not working after clear credentials

I had face unlock perfectly working on my xperia z2 after the lollipop update. But screen lock could not be set to none. Some forum suggested to clear credentials, and I did that. After this, I got all options of screen lock including none and swipe which were disabled earlier. But now face unlock is not working. It does not detect the face at all. Also if I try to select the improve face matching, I get a message saying "couldn't start finding your face". Can someone help restore my face unlock feature?
Adviser
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

I can't see the face icon when the camera tries to recognize me, how do I fix that?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

@Lenfernz

When it's enabled you will see a ring around the lock icon in the bottom middle.

But on the latest firmware i'm afraid you will not get an indication when it has detected your face. It was just reported to us in another thread and i've forwarded it internally for investigation.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.