account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

face unlock not available on lolipop?

Adept
Message 1 of 31
Message 1 of 31

face unlock not available on lolipop?

i cant fine face unlock in my security setting,,, also cant find automaticly adjust light of the screen ?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
Message 2 of 31

Re: face unlock not available on lolipop?

Check for it in settings-display,there should be adaptive brightness. And about face unlock,thanks Rickard for sharing that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 31
Message 3 of 31

To use face unlock you need to first set a PIN, pattern or password under Settings -> Security, then go to Settings -> Security -> Trust agents and enable Smart Lock (Google). After this you can go to Settings -> Security -> Smart Lock -> Trusted face.

You can enable Adaptive brightness under Settings -> Display.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 4 of 31
Message 4 of 31

Hi Rickard,

I have tried all the options that you have advised and attaching the pictures as well. But even after doing all this I am not able to use smart lock as screen lock. Trusted face is already on, but now what needs to be done to enable smart lock as a screen lock option? As i am only getting 5 options under choose screen lock. Kindly help.

Screenshot_2015-04-10-07-16-28.pngScreenshot_2015-04-10-07-16-55.pngScreenshot_2015-04-10-07-17-23.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 31
Message 5 of 31

Face unlock is now enabled in your phone. Hold it in front of you and turn on the screen.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 31
Message 6 of 31

Thank you. But I have just noticed. Both smart location and face detection is completely a hit and miss. When it comes to location even after manually adding a location, my phone still remains locked at that location.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 31
Message 7 of 31

You can improve the face matching if you go to Settings -> Security -> Smart Lock -> Trusted face -> Improve face matching.

Also see this link for tips and more information regarding trusted face and places: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6093922?hl=en

Learner
Message 8 of 31
Message 8 of 31

no facial recognition after update

Where has my facial recognition gonna? I updated my phone yesterday and the facial recognition has completely gone, I have searched for smart unlock also but haven't got that option either, how can I get it back?
One time poster
Message 9 of 31
Message 9 of 31

Re: no facial recognition after update

Same here, always used it. Now have to tap phone, push up screen, then use pattern to unlock, bring back face recognition.
Learner
Message 10 of 31
Message 10 of 31

Re: no facial recognition after update

It's done my head in! It was one of the reasons I chose this phone!!