account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z2 premium SMS

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z2 premium SMS

I need to enable sms premium on my mobile sony z2 because checked by mistake to not ask me each time about charge sms, and not found the setting to re enable it again 

Ask thehelp 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z2 premium SMS

@SonyLora 

What if you go to settings > apps  & notification > all apps > messaging > storage > clear cache > check again, if that doesn't work, repeat the process but clear the data

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thx,buti tried what shared same problem

On my mobile, setting > app> messages> storage> clear cash and data

Restart mobile, try srnd sms to shhortcode but return failed and not display notificstion popup which was appear and inform me that this sms will be charge 

Plz tthe support 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @SonyLora!

This is a bit tricky as Google has not added any kind of management of Premium SMS in Android 6, so there is only two options available to you.

1. Download another SMS application and use that only for sending Premium SMS

2. Reset the device and when you then try to send a Premium SMS after the reset, you will see the pop-up message again.

If you don't send a Premium SMS that often, option 1 is the best alternative and there are plenty of different SMS applications to choose from if you just search or "SMS" in the Google Play store and when you start the new application up, you will be asked if this should be your default application for text messages > agree to this > and send your Premium SMS > tap on the regular Messaging application and you will be asked the same thing again regarding default application.

No messages will be deleted from the device when you switch between the SMS applications, just make sure that the one you are going to use for "normal" text messages is the default one.

I understand that the alternatives are not the best, but there isn't anything else to do on devices running Android 6. Slightly frowning Face

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thxxx, in real that what i did yesterday 

And ok, but i wait you to see if there is a different solution

Regards

Lorine

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi again @SonyLora!

You're very welcome and in every other Android version you can remove the block, it's just in Android 6.0 where it's not available and you need to use a different application, or reset the device, so it's a bit unfortunate.

Have a nice day and I hope you were able to send your Premium SMS! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks,  yes able to send premium through other app,

But able I to update android version and how

Appriciated

Lorine

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi again @SonyLora and I'm glad to hear that!

The latest update that the Xperia Z2 received was Android 6.0, so you won't be able to update it to a later Android version, so for now you will need to use another application to send premium SMS, or if you prefer resetting the device and press allow when the question pop-ups in the pre-installed application.

Have a nice day! Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Appriciate the cooperation to solve my mobile issue

Thxxxxx and now everything well working Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@SonyLora, you're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with and have a fantastic Thursday! Slightly smiling Face