account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z2 poor battery life

Visitor
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Xperia Z2 poor battery life

Hi, my z2 has very poor battery life. Despite me charging it at 100%, it seems to die-even though i am not using it, and 5% will die within 20minutes. I have to completely switch it off to save battery and its becoming quite a nuisance. When i look at the settings for the battery life, the graph seems quite odd as the lines change continuously from up and down and they show a lot of red :/ another thing that came to my attention is that a lot of my data is being used up far too quickly. Especially whilst im on snapchat. Please help :/
Visitor
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

Also is always kept on stamina mode, still this problem persists!
Commissioner
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

See if it's facebook related. Disable "Xperia with facebook" in data sync menu where you have all mail accounts and google calendar ans so on. Uninstall facebook and messanger, test for few days. It helped my friend, now he uses the facebook thru chrome browser, but the battery went to normal.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Visitor
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

On full charge. My phone shows 6hours of battery life approximation 😥
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

That should change if you try to reset stamina controller: first,disable stamina,after go to settings-apps-all,scroll down and find stamina app. Force stop and clear data. Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

androidcommunity.com/snapchat-users-experience-heavy-data-usage-battery-drain-from-app-20150211/
Arij, u already noe where the fault lies so do something with the app Snapchat...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

loliipop have fast draining battry issue ...sony not care about the customers demand
Visitor
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

Hello, I have a question I bought this phone three years and five months ago, I changed the battery last week due to the charge being empty, then my voice will not be sent to my contact during the conversation, I restarted, SIM card I also turned out that it was correct, but again the problem returned, what's wrong with you? Is it possible for the battery changer to hurt the microphone? Thanks

Forum Legend
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

@shams54:

hi

how did you change the battery? did you bring it to an authorized sony service center? it might be possible to affect other components if the device was opened not according to manufacturer's  instructions

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling