account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 poor battery life

Rookie
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Xperia Z2 poor battery life

Hello, I have recently purchased the Xperia Z2. On full charge, it shows me an estimated time of around 24 hours, while on popular phone review sites and forums it has been quoted to last longer. The phone loses charge at 5 percent an hour doing nothing other than a few calls. Is this normal or should I get it checked?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Xperia Z2 poor battery life

Given that the phone is new,you should wait some more until it stabilises.You will see an improvement after some time,just make sure to charge the battery often.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

The easy way to check if there is something out of the ordinary using the battery is by checking the below:

Main Menu > Settings > Power Management > Battery Usage > Look for the list of apps using power and keep any eye for anything using more than normal.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

dail *#*#7378423#*#* then go into service test >scroll to battery health test and see if battery is okk if the status is good then would advice you clear cache and reset phone to factory settings . remember to back up device before you factory reset 

One time poster
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

"Given that the phone is new,you should wait some more until it stabilises.You will see an improvement after some time,just make sure to charge the battery often." you mean after 1 month maybe? And if i charge often 100 % would it increase my battery life and health? My Z2 is just one week old
Apprentice
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

Hey bro please help I have poor battery life as well. my (actual batt uAh) is 3390000 is that good?

Veteran
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

You should wait like more than a week, about 2 weeks. 
It depends on what you are doing, estimation may be good. Please note the screen is what consumes the battery mosts. 
If you will keep it turned on it should last for about 6 hours and a few minutes until it discharges. 

Please note that these 6 hours is one of the best results on the market now within this premium class of smartphones.
The score is even better than Shamesung S5 or LG G#, especially G3 with its 2K display is a real battery drainer.

Please provide us with a screenshots of your battery usage, we will tell you whether it seems to be normal or not.
Keep in mind that these batteries likes to be charged often and never allow it to discharge completely like 0%. 

Thank you Winking Face   

Highlighted
Genius
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

......Shamesung...ha ha Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Apprentice
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

@azzido wrote:

It depends on what you are doing, estimation may be good. Please note the screen is what consumes the battery mosts. 
If you will keep it turned on it should last for about 6 hours and a few minutes until it discharges. 

Please note that these 6 hours is one of the best results on the market now within this premium class of smartphones.
The score is even better than Shamesung S5 or LG G#, especially G3 with its 2K display is a real battery drainer.

Please provide us with a screenshots of your battery usage, we will tell you whether it seems to be normal or not.
Keep in mind that these batteries likes to be charged often and never allow it to discharge completely like 0%. 

Thank you Winking Face   

@azzido wrote:

Thank you Winking Face   

This is my screenshot but this guy at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZNu7y6NHE He can get up to 17 hours at 62%! **bleep** mean while I get 7 hours at that %. Btw he said he does not use stamina mode at that time and his brightness is at auto.

Screenshot_2014-07-15-21-56-53[2].pngScreenshot_2014-07-15-21-57-04[1].pngScreenshot_2014-07-15-21-57-19[1].png

This video explains the battery life of Sony Xperia Z2. Depending upon your usage, you can get screen on time from 6 to 8 hours and if you are light to moderate user then the phone can last for 2 days.
Learner
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

Yes for my Z2 also and my handphone cannot turn off 📴 please update your software