account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z2 partially responsive touchscreen

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia Z2 partially responsive touchscreen

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my Xperia started having what's described as the "ghost touch" issue.
After shutting the phone down, nothing was looking better. At this point, when I boot up the phone, I can enter my sim-pin, start the camera by the dedicated button and touch objects to focus. I can also select things in the restart/shut down menu. However, the lock sceen is all but responsive. The fact that I have partial touchscreen functionality gives me the hope that the problem is software related rather than a hardware issue. However, since I can't get past the lock screen, it's also impossible for me to reboot the phone to factory settings.

Anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thanks,

Joni.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: Xperia Z2 partially responsive touchscreen

If you didn't buy it from Sony,you'll need to get in touch with the seller. But I hope things go well.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

You need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks!

The phone is charging now. Once I get it up to 80% I'll start the process and let you know afterwards.

Joni.

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Keep us updated.Oh,and good luck!

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

So I'm afraid the update hasn't done the trick. The touchscreen is still acting up. Guess my next step is contacting Sony to send it in for repairs. The phone is only 7 months old. Hope it won't be gone for too long as I don't have a replacement..

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

You should contact them tomorrow:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

WIll do. I've already reached out to Amazon as well. Had a good experience with them last time when I had to return something. The Z2 was bought through them from another company though, so I don't know how the service would be this time. Hoping I can arrange it through Sony directly.

Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

If you didn't buy it from Sony,you'll need to get in touch with the seller. But I hope things go well.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

So in the end Amazon was only able to refund me and not give me a new phone. Went back to a local store in Belgium that had the Xperia Z2 in promotion and got it for the same price as I did on Amazon a month or seven ago.

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

That doesn't sound too bad. At least you got a device in the end.