account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z2 have Two What's New app after update to Lollipop.

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z2 have Two What's New app after update to Lollipop.

Hi. 

I have update my Z2 mobile to Lollipop yesterday. After that i have two icons for What's new. Teh i checked in the app window and fouund that i have two app for Whats new with the size of 9.52MB and 13.28MB. In 9.52MB size app has option to uninstall updates and 13.28MB has Disable option only. So it seems like an update of the previous What's New app. But i wonder why i have two  icons in the Menu which is confusing. Can't sony people to update the previous app withouting install it again or unintastall the previous and install the new one.

Can some one tell me how can I get the lates version of the what's new application but remove the old version(Unintall not support since it Sony inbuild app.

Two_Whats_New.JPG

Thank You.

With Regards,

Samadhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Xperia Z2 have Two What's New app after update to Lollipop.

Thank you for the information. Since this appeared after a software update, I suggest that you reinstall the latest software via PC Companion to see if this can help.

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

Note that, this software repair will erase your personal data. Don't forget to backup your data.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

That looks strange. In what way did you update the phones software?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I used PC companion along with the data cable include in the retail package(Original One) and reliable internet connection.

Everything as you mention in the guideline. 

Thank You.

With Regards,

Samadhi

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the information. Since this appeared after a software update, I suggest that you reinstall the latest software via PC Companion to see if this can help.

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

Note that, this software repair will erase your personal data. Don't forget to backup your data.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Thank You,

Repair helped me.

With Regards,

Samadhi