account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 Tapping "rattle"

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Xperia Z2 Tapping "rattle"

Yeah I guess that makes sense...

My gap in general is pretty even on all edges, so it's not bad really...

What does bother me is the digitizer on the Z2, it has these visible vertical lines and dots... Apparently also that is normal on this device.. Seems like something I would try to avoid on such a high end model... Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

All gaps on my Z2 has different width on each side so it's not intentional gapping for glass to contract and expand. If it was intentional they all would have the same spacing between frame and the glass panel.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

@Neoshogun wrote:

All gaps on my Z2 has different width on each side so it's not intentional gapping for glass to contract and expand. If it was intentional they all would have the same spacing between frame and the glass panel.

Yes, that's what i said in some people have larger unequal gaps hence they have the right to get it looked at, the gap should be even all the way round.....the equal gaps in my opinion are intentional for the reason i mentioned in my reply.

Adviser
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hey dandy, care to check this post I put about the notification bar, and tell me whether you have the same?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Xperia-Z2-Notification-Bar/m-p/765319/highlight/false#M8340

Genius
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

@Paradox_Soul wrote:

Hey dandy, care to check this post I put about the notification bar, and tell me whether you have the same?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Xperia-Z2-Notification-Bar/m-p/765319/highlight/false#M8340

Hi, yes that does not seem right at all......think you are doing the right thing to have it looked at, try where you bought it first & let them try it out then see what their opinion is......stick with the Z2 as it is a good phone & will only get better once Sony deal with the glitches etc

Adviser
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Yea i sent it in to the sony repair center, so let's see what they're going to do.... There's only really 2 options, repair the display or exchange device - I'd prefer they do the second.

Adviser
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I got my device back and the front and back panels and whatever was wrong, was replaced.... Everything works perfect now.

The only thing I noticed, which I'm not sure if it was there before was the volume button, when I press around with it up and down etc, I hear kind of a squeakyish sound, does that happen to anyone else?... Was just wondering, not really a huge deal but stll.