account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 Tapping "rattle"

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Xperia Z2 Tapping "rattle"

Hello guys...

Basically when I tap near the top right of my Z2 back/or front and also the bottom left, I hear a slight "rattle" or click noise, coming from the camera area....

Ive searched around about this and a lot of phones apparently do this, it has to do with the autofocus/camera/lens mechanism? I would just like to know if any of you experience this

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Re: Xperia Z2 Tapping "rattle"

Hi, if you can look closely in the lens the whole thing is moving up and down for a more optical way of autofocus. Its this part that makes the loose rattling noise when taping the back panel

Cheers :smileysmileywink:

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Talent
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Mine does the same and apparently it is the camera inside and is quite usual so don't worry...
Genius
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Hi, if you can look closely in the lens the whole thing is moving up and down for a more optical way of autofocus. Its this part that makes the loose rattling noise when taping the back panel

Cheers :smileysmileywink:

View solution in original post

Adviser
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Oh right, that is what I thought. Thank you for clearing this up...

So whether its tapping backpanel or the front top area, its still the same part thats causing this?

I guess I will just ignore it... I just didnt notice it until now xD

Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Genius
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Hi, i think it would be...to be honest i have not tried the 'tapping' as i would just get paranoid & worry Crying Face

Adviser
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Right.. Yeah I understand, well it should be quite easy to find out, I noticed it while tapping the notification bar down and touched it a bit more on the top right corner... If you notice it too, please do tell me... Im sure its normal, otherwise I could send it in.

Genius
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Think its def normal....fairly sure someone else posted the same question on here a while back.....do a search & see what was said then....dont worry obviously if it starts to sound like a packet of Tic Tacs worry Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Adviser
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Same problem here, I thought that the front glass panel isn't glued properly. And I was affraid that my Z2 isn't waterproof as it should be. I have huge gap between glass and a frame like 1 mm wide.

If it's just front camera I won't be worring that antoher thing is wrong with Z2s.

Adviser
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Yea I too have some gaps. I sent it in twice because of that and didnt get it replaced. Im not really satisfied with sony's tecnical support.

Genius
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi, been a few questions on the Forum re the gaps.....the general verdict is that there should be a small gap all the way round as you dont want the glass pressed hard up against the frame...this gap is to allow expansion/contraction within the phone (especially when you use the 4k video...ahem Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes)

But seriously, the gaps should not affect the waterproofing due to the way it is constructed, there are people who have complained of bigger/uneven gaps which possibly should be rectified.....i have wondered if many of the 'self cracking screens' have been due to a tighter fit around the edges of the glass at certain points causing stress on the glass......

Cheers Slightly smiling Face