account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

I've just received information that this issue will be fixed in the next software maintenance release.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 22 of 45
Message 22 of 45

Update 5.0 sound problem

My z2 update to android5.0.2,incoming calls no sound!!!

Talent
Message 23 of 45
Message 23 of 45

When exactly? Did u test firmwares ever?

Message 24 of 45
Message 24 of 45

Please Sony give us a specific date for the next update to fix this problem and please note that the lollipop version is much heavier than the Kitkat 4.4.4 which was like a breeze on the phone

Also please add the location-based wifi option that was available in Kitkat and used to work perfectly or do you want us to regret upgrading to Lollipop?

Message 25 of 45
Message 25 of 45

Re: Update 5.0 sound problem

Try to reset app preferences under settings-apps-all and report back.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 45
Message 26 of 45

I'm afraid i don't have any information regarding when the update will be available. As usual. please keep checking our blog for the latest information.

In Android 5.0, the Wi-Fi scanning has been improved and no significant saving of power is achieved through the activation of the Location-based Wi-Fi. Therefore, it has been removed.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 27 of 45
Message 27 of 45

OK! But please fix that issue on the Sony Z1 Compact as well because no more x-reality and super vivid here after update !!!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 28 of 45
Message 28 of 45

Just received another software update of 16MB in India. And I am happy the image enhancement is working in album app now. Thanks sony, that was quick. However, the other issue that is bothering me a lot is single speaker out put from a lot of apps like viber, In kitkat I was able to hear the other person on both the speakers when on speaker mode but now only the bottom speaker works during conversation. Also, when I was using various music streaming apps like Saavn, clearaudio+ was functional in those apps in kitkat. But now after lollipop clearaudio+ is only limited to walkman and movies. I know Sony support would have an answer it is only supposed to work in walkman and movies native apps. But my point is if it was working earlier, it should work now to have the same clarity and loudness. Hope it should be an easy fix for Sony in future updates. Thanks again.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 45
Message 29 of 45

The equalizer does work for 3:rd party apps in Android 5.0 as well but the change from 4.4 is that it's not on by default for apps. The app developer must now state that they want to use it in their code so you need to contact the app developer in this case.

I can't speak for 3:rd party apps but the reason why we only use the bottom speaker for the standard speakerphone is to avoid echo. I have forwarded feedback about using both speakers though.

Commissioner
Message 30 of 45
Message 30 of 45

hi guys, adapting the brightness to light conditions isn't available on 5.0.2?