account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 45
Message 11 of 45

Re: X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

Hope Sony can solve that as soon as possible Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 45
Message 12 of 45

So, will that repair come to the light or not? Please guys, its annoying. There are too many bugs here. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 45
Message 13 of 45

Image enahancement (X-reality or Super-vivid mode) not working after Lollipop update

Hi,

I have updated to Lollipop last night. My Xperia Z2 definitely looks fresh afresh after the update but surprisingly Image enhancement option under the diaplay is not adding the effects to pictures and videos anymore in the native album and movies app. I have tried to restart the phone, turn off the image enhancement and then selecting X-reality but nothing works. I have read online on some forums that the image enhancement files are missing in the new lollipop firmware and I can root my phone and fix it. Why would I do that? Someone from sony should be answerable after looking into the issue. Are we all on the same page when it comes to this issue?

Talent
Message 14 of 45
Message 14 of 45

Re: Image enahancement (X-reality or Super-vivid mode) not working after Lollipop update

It's generic problem, but Sony ignore it and us

Adviser
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

Re: Image enahancement (X-reality or Super-vivid mode) not working after Lollipop update

That is ridiculous. It simply takes away an important option from a wonderul phone. How can sony forget to take care of this feature? I am surprised. And the worst part, noone cant go back to KitKat officially now. Too bad!

Talent
Message 16 of 45
Message 16 of 45

It's connected with DRM keys which are broken in Lollipop as I read, that's why I'm still on 4.4 waiting Sony to deal with this problem.

Adviser
Message 17 of 45
Message 17 of 45

I just noticed.. It is working fine in the movies app. But the problem is with album app. And the same is mentioned on other blogs as well. Come on Sony.. You can do better.
One time poster
Message 18 of 45
Message 18 of 45

image enhancement is not working after the new update

After the new update neither super-vivid mode nor X-reality for mobile is working on my photos in album.. Is it normal? Anyone have the same problem?
Forum Legend
Message 19 of 45
Message 19 of 45

Re: image enhancement is not working after the new update

I believe Sony is aware of this and are due to release a firmware fix or have started to roll it out but don't quote me on this

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 20 of 45
Message 20 of 45

Tethring and wifi hotspot also not working... My pc show when conected but no browsing... Any one else faceing this???