account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 45
Message 1 of 45

X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

It seems that Z2 23.1.A.0.609 update is missing few files.  X-reality and Super Vivid are not working because of that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2/themes-apps/fix-x-reality-super-vivid-23-1-0-690-t3057267

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: X-reality and Super Vivid not working on Android 5.0

I've just received information that this issue will be fixed in the next software maintenance release.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

44 REPLIES 44
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 45
Message 2 of 45

Hi and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that these features doesn't work after the update.

Could you please send me a PM with the IMEI of your phone and i will forward this for further investigation.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 45
Message 3 of 45

I think because of user's complaination so Sony release Android L early and that cause some issues.

1 - X-reality and Super Vivid not working.

2 - XperiaShare is missing.

3 - Close all button in recent window.

Adept
Message 4 of 45
Message 4 of 45

@Cyber-shot wrote:

I think because of user's complaination so Sony release Android L early and that cause some issues.

1 - X-reality and Super Vivid not working.

2 - XperiaShare is missing.

3 - Close all button in recent window.

I am also having these problem... Plus

Adaptive status bar colour is not working for few apps like Facebook and Whatsapp.. It looks ugly.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 45
Message 5 of 45

Yup, it is broken, doesn't work anymore. You can select what mode you want in settings-display, but it does nothing really. Sony dammit you did well updating so fast but fix this problem faster please. 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 45
Message 6 of 45

X-Reality and SuperVivid still works in Movie apps, but some files are missing so they did not work on Album app.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 45
Message 7 of 45

Yeah! I found out that as well. In movies you can see a difference when you select specific mode, but in album nothing. I really hope it's going to be a easy fix, and quick as well. 

Talent
Message 8 of 45
Message 8 of 45

It is an easy fix. Sony just forgot to include some files in the update. I'm sure Sony will push another update to fix this as well as any other minor bugs
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 45
Message 9 of 45

Hope it will happen soon. This is the best update sony gave by far, they only need to fix those bugs and great.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 10 of 45
Message 10 of 45

I also have that problem. Please solve it!