account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Will Xperia Z2 D6503 support VoLTE?

Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Will Xperia Z2 D6503 support VoLTE?

Hello! Will my Xperia Z2 Support VoLTE? If yes, please add VoLTE for russian operators in future firmware updates:

As in Russia launched VoLTE on Beeline ( MCC 250 MNC 99 ) and MegaFon ( MCC 250 MNC 02 )

For Beeline, ims APN is ims.beeline.ru ( type ims, protocol IPv4/IPv6 ), no needed auth parameters (login/password should be empty)
For MegaFon ims APN same as Internet APN (confirmed by operator)  (apn="internet" type="default,supl,ims" )

Both of those operators uses 3gpp,gsma ir92 standarts for VoLTE with VT support technology. Authorisation uses method AKA ...

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Will Xperia Z2 D6503 support VoLTE?

If yes it support right now if not you must forget any update. Its hardware not a software .
Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I know some peoples, who really lauhed VoLTE on Xperia Z2 6503 by editing some software things (build.prop, change IMS apn by AT commands and changed few NV items) and its working really good. But i dont want root my phone for making it. So its only SW restrictions

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

RyanFox - can u help me actvating volte ?
I ahve rooted phone.
Xperia z2 D6503
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

VoLTE

Does sony z2 supports voLTE???
Rply me fast!!!
Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: VoLTE

@Sureshpsg @Akshay2shah @RyanFox @sgizmo

Yes and no, it does support VoLTE BUT only if your phone it's locked by a carrier/network branded, as this feature it's controlled by carriers which means that they have to enable this on both their system and their firmware. 

@Sureshpsg

Make sure to check your previous posts.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Xperia z2

Can i enable volte in Xperia z2 by any way i using marshmallow
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Xperia z2

Only your network carrier can enable it 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/VoLTE/m-p/1168803

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

How to turn on volte in Sony Xperia z2

How to turn on volte in Sony Xperia z2

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

VoLTE Xperia Z2 D6503

When can we get Volte update for Sony Xperia z2 D6503?