account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi 'obtaining ip address' loop

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 31 of 39
Message 31 of 39

Re: Wifi 'obtaining ip address' loop

I'm also facing the same problem when I'm at home.. I also have the smartband SWR-10.

Sometimes it happens that the mobile phone is not able to connect to my wifi.. it always look for IP address.

My build number is

17.1.2.A.0.314

One time poster
Message 32 of 39
Message 32 of 39

I am having this trouble too.  I have tried rebooting, and putting it on airplane mode to try and get connected but nothing works.    How do I downgrade  to the firmware 17.1.A.2.55 ?   I am new to smartphones.   Thanks!

One time poster
Message 33 of 39
Message 33 of 39

I can confirm that this problem is happening with the same Firmware version, and always when I connect my Sony Smartband. If I do a downgrade, I lost all my apps settings, etc. right?

Learner
Message 34 of 39
Message 34 of 39

The same problem for me, but nothing helped me, I also have new firmware 23.1.A.0.726 and i have this problem. Cant connect to my home wifi for weeks ;(

Adviser
Message 35 of 39
Message 35 of 39

Running Lollipop? I haven't received the loop on Lollipop.. Yet.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 36 of 39
Message 36 of 39

Theres a conflict between router, Z2 and Windows/Mac. After restarting your Wifi router, it should work normally again.

Learner
Message 37 of 39
Message 37 of 39

I tried to restart my router, i did reset it to fabric settings and then configure again. Nothing helps. I had it on previous android and now on lolipop, but the thing is that it worked for few weeks with router and new system, and then a week ago it stopped working. I really dont know what to do . It is so annoying.

One time poster
Message 38 of 39
Message 38 of 39

I've had same problem since marshmallow update tried changing ip static change settings on my router to no joy! Went into settings on my phone down to battery click the 3dots battery optimization all apps then found Sony WiFi ticked it and had no issues since. Hope this helps as it's been driving me crazy.
One time poster
Message 39 of 39
Message 39 of 39

I have a sony xperia e5 and it would not let me connect to wifi no matter what I did so I hard rest it and now I carnt get anywhere due to it still needing the wifi. I think it might be completely broken can anyone help asap please