account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 61 of 74
Message 61 of 74

Re: Water inside my z2..waterproof?

My Z2 is working quite well now, haven't really used the full xperience yet but it works as a phone, even though the 4k recording mode isnt the greatest. It's lagging.
Adept
Message 62 of 74
Message 62 of 74

if the phone start to vibrate again. then you need to use the soft off switch . it is a red color switch. it is located in the flap that contain sim. just press the button and it will make the phone to switch off under abnormal condition

Rookie
Message 63 of 74
Message 63 of 74

I did

One time poster
Message 64 of 74
Message 64 of 74

My Z2 got waterdamage after being in my pocket while islandhopping in El Nido Philippines. It turns out when i press the lid for the sim in place, 30sec later it has popped open. So i filmed it to make shure i had proof (filmed with my old Galaxy s4 witch is still alive). Sendt the phone for repair but got rejected. They dident even watch the video. I complained and refered to the law in Norway saying Sony have to prove the leak was my fault... prove it!! So it went back to sony. Turns out the lid no longer opens like it did so they said its pressuretested and ok. I still refer to the video and at last someone watched it... so i hope this is the end of this.

Do i want a new Sony? After the sloppy service and the way the techs have treated this i feel that if i get a sony then u better not have any problems. They will not treat you fair. Sad to say!

Thats MY experiance with this.
One time poster
Message 65 of 74
Message 65 of 74

bought my xperia z2  two days ago. took it in the pool and now it wornt turn on. **bleep**

One time poster
Message 66 of 74
Message 66 of 74

Similar problem with mine, i held it under a very slow running tap for 30 seconds to clean it and cool it down like I've done a few times before and it stopped working the next day, you can see water behind the camera lens, this one was already a replacement for the first one i got which had a problem with the cover for usb socket, the cover didn't sit flat with the body, wasn't much but i thought that it would affect the water proofness, i was lucky the shop relaced the last one with the issues some people are having with being told its their fault, i won't be testing how waterproof this one is for sure.
One time poster
Message 67 of 74
Message 67 of 74

My experia had water in it. Camera didnt work. Flaps and everything was closed. Phone Camera went off than jac went off headphones are working i use them in my computer.screen gone than come back. Now screen works but front cam and jac didint work. From the begining that i use this Phone, when i call someone my voice is low and i hear other side perfectly. İ loved this Phone and i stayed patience waited for Update but nothing changed. İ trusted sony and bought my brother a z3. İn z3 there is no voice or water problem. İ Will talk with local guarentee hope they Will solve my problem.
One time poster
Message 68 of 74
Message 68 of 74

I used my phone under water for minuites and took 2 pictures, the flaps were 100% secure, the depth was less than 50 cm, and time in totall less than 5 min, now the monitor doesn't work, just the monitor, I am recieving calls by sliding on a dark screen, I can use the touch screen to unlock a pattern I can't see, I hear the sounds, just a dark monitor, now what do I do?

One time poster
Message 69 of 74
Message 69 of 74

After not more than two min. At the pool my z2 2 cameras be cloudy and water inside camera that is  some kind of cheating 

One time poster
Message 70 of 74
Message 70 of 74

I have an xperia z2 since two weeks only. I checked everything before I went with my phone in a pool of 125cm to take a picture and my phone died. This is really not nice because it's said to not go under 150cm and only for 30mins and I didn't even do 5mins !! And I live in Congo democratic Republic. I bought it $700 for nothing? Because its already dead . I'm not going to say that I don't trust your phones I do but guess mine was one of the mistakes you made during the fabrication. And if I go to exchange it I guess they won't give me another although my phone is insured. What can I DO NOW? ?