account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 74
Message 11 of 74

Re: Water inside my z2..waterproof?

Exactly the same in my case

This device is not water proof

It's just a BIG LIE

It's only a question of Luck when you buy it...  I was not lucky, so I've lost 520 eur !!

I've had mine dead the first day !!  Only a simple picture under water, and the device is dead.

SONY simply says: NOT COVERED because it's wet

What does this mean ?  It's water proof of not ?

Definitelly it's NOT, because it's not warantied if you get it wet.

I will NEVER EVER buy anything to SONY again !!!

SONY is conning people !!

Adviser
Message 12 of 74
Message 12 of 74

For everyone's information I got lucky, but I also felt it. There was something wrong with my phone from the start and after the got water inside of it, it just busted. But I'm about to get a new one, probably this week, cuz the warranty kept its promise. Looking forward to get it back!
Adviser
Message 13 of 74
Message 13 of 74

Delivery delay on my new Z2

Hi everyone!

For a few weeks ago my phone broke due to a water damage. Even though the Xperia Z2 suppose to be waterproof. Anyway my warranty covered it. They made a unit change cuz there was know way to fix that phone, but that I knew. But to the real question though now it says on the rep status that it's "waiting to deliver" and I wonder what exactly is it to wait for if the just gonna send me a knew phone?! It should take more than a day?
Visitor
Message 14 of 74
Message 14 of 74

If you as a owner is unsure of your phone being water tight feel free to test it at any sony store that sells the phone. If there is an issue they will repace it if not at least you tried and now know how to seal the phone correctly.

Adviser
Message 15 of 74
Message 15 of 74

I wasn't unsure, that was the problem. So when I used it in the water it broke. But now I got me a new one and I hope this one will work proporly. But the 4k recording didn't work as it supposed to either.. Even though I knew these kind of issues would come with a brand new developed phone I'm a little bit disappointed.
One time poster
Message 16 of 74
Message 16 of 74

First time used in a pool and water inside, now touch screen is not working

Message 17 of 74
Message 17 of 74

@DocBehr wrote:

First time used in a pool and water inside, now touch screen is not working

You're not supposed to use the device in a pool. The chlorine will mess with the phone.

Visitor
Message 18 of 74
Message 18 of 74

Sony z2 waterdamage with the flaps closed

Brand new sony z2, and waterdamage after taking pictures in the pool, outrageous that Sony does not replace phones, because i am not the first and neither the last person... after this a Sony z3?? i dont think so.... Sony we consumers are your backbone, if you wont take care of us, you will fall. I dont understand the foolish policy you Sony have. This is not right, i have to buy a new?? PLEASE !!

Consumer from Sweden 

Talent
Message 19 of 74
Message 19 of 74

Re: Sony z2 waterdamage with the flaps closed

I really don't understand people that actually take photos under water. This is not a professional device for taking pictures under water. I understand waterproof more to use it with wet hands, if somehow a rain catch you, etc.

Have you read this in operating manuals: "...Even if your device is resistant to dust and water, you should avoid exposing it unnecessarily to environments with excessive dust, sand and mud or to moist environments with extreme high or low temperatures. The waterproof ability of the micro USB port, the SIM card slot, the memory card slot and the headset jack cannot be guaranteed in all environments or conditions ...".

Genius
Message 20 of 74
Message 20 of 74

Re: Sony z2 waterdamage with the flaps closed

@srv1 wrote:

I really don't understand people that actually take photos under water. This is not a professional device for taking pictures under water. I understand waterproof more to use it with wet hands, if somehow a rain catch you, etc.

Have you read this in operating manuals: "...Even if your device is resistant to dust and water, you should avoid exposing it unnecessarily to environments with excessive dust, sand and mud or to moist environments with extreme high or low temperatures. The waterproof ability of the micro USB port, the SIM card slot, the memory card slot and the headset jack cannot be guaranteed in all environments or conditions ...".

Sorry, have to disagree......i have seen quite a few pictures/ videos from people either on holiday swimming underwater taking videos which were cracking videos or people just trying it out elsewhere.....things you are NOT meant to do is use it where there is water pressure ie jacuzzis or showers or where there is the risk of chlorine getting on the phone.....

Common sense should tell you to steer clear of of these situations also sand/mud high water temp surely.......also taking it too deep underwater......Face with rolling Eyes