account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 74
Message 1 of 74

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

Anyone got water inside their z2.. That supposed to be waterproof? Yes every lid was properly sealed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 74
Message 5 of 74

Re: Water inside my z2..waterproof?

If you suspect liquid damage the only real option we can offer would be to contact your local  Xperia Care team so that they can assist in arranging an assessment.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73
Genius
Message 2 of 74
Message 2 of 74

Hi, what colour are the 'water indicators' under the flaps.....white or red? 

Adviser
Message 3 of 74
Message 3 of 74

Hi! They're white.
Genius
Message 4 of 74
Message 4 of 74

They turn Red if there has been water getting in.....how can you tell there is water damage ie screen not working, misting etc

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 74
Message 5 of 74

If you suspect liquid damage the only real option we can offer would be to contact your local  Xperia Care team so that they can assist in arranging an assessment.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Adviser
Message 6 of 74
Message 6 of 74

Hi Sam!

Yes I'm about to that today. At this point I don't suspect the water damage anymore, cuz yesterday at some point the phone started to vibrate consistently and didn't stop until the battery ran out.. And I could actually see the water inside the display.
One time poster
Message 7 of 74
Message 7 of 74

Hello

I have got condence on my camera lins. Now they want me to pay 4000 swedish crown. I was really sure it was closed and dipped it under the surface in a pool. I am VERY dissapointed, so I don´t know what to do now.

Adviser
Message 8 of 74
Message 8 of 74

Hi!

Oh thats unfortunet! But they do a pressure test on the phone to see if it's something wrong with it. Which is totally understandable.

But I know for sure that all the flaps were closed so if I won't get a new phone I'll def never gonna buy a sony again. It's a 50/50 chanse.
Talent
Message 9 of 74
Message 9 of 74

Check the polycarboate bezel around the edges, this seems to be a weak point, and today saw one that was cracked and that let water in. The Z1 had a complete metal bezel, personally I see this as a little bit of a backward step and I'll be honest, I'm being extra careful with mine.

Adviser
Message 10 of 74
Message 10 of 74

There's nothing in particular that looks like a weak point that I can see by eye. But there's def something cuz before this wasn't a problem. I just know something's wrong, it started vibrate like mad until the battery ran out.

And just like you mention.. the bad experience I've got from this makes more unsure about my phone whether it's waterproof or will break again.