account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 21 of 74
Message 21 of 74

Re: Sony z2 waterdamage with the flaps closed

Waterproof, then of course i will try using it in the pool taking pictures, making memorys. Whats the point saying its waterproof if its not ?

Flaps were closed,... does not work in all conditions ? then dont say it at all..., i cant use it in the pool? where am i then going to use it, if  i am to benefit the waterproof attribute, the pool is the place with the lowest risk

Message 22 of 74
Message 22 of 74

@evigt_ung wrote:

Waterproof, then of course i will try using it in the pool taking pictures, making memorys. Whats the point saying its waterproof if its not ?

Flaps were closed,... does not work in all conditions ? then dont say it at all..., i cant use it in the pool? where am i then going to use it, if  i am to benefit the waterproof attribute, the pool is the place with the lowest risk

CHLORINE!!!

Genius
Message 23 of 74
Message 23 of 74

I am just commenting on what i have read on the many posts on this forum & a few others, chlorine in swimming pools seemingly damages the mobile...a few people have said this, water pressure also.....i agree with you that it would be great to use it & not worry that if it is going to get damaged.....i suppose were meant to rinse it under cold water after we get out of a swimming pool????? I have said before that ALL the models of Zs should be vacuum tested at quality control & a guarantee slip stating that it has been passed should be included in the box for the buyers peace of mind, then if there is water damage to the phone you have proof that it was tested/passed......

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 24 of 74
Message 24 of 74

Hello I also have a problem with watertight Xperia Z2. When I put the phone into the water and will do a couple of photos, the camera starts freaking out like that was flooded with water and turn on the camera all the time, and so for about two hours until it dries, and the second symptom is fogged camera lens that needs about a day to evaporate. I gave the phone to the guarantees in Poland, where the SERVICE is not too great and I am waiting for the result. The lady said to me while accepting the claim that none of this will be because the phone was flooded, except that everything in it works, and besides gonna use in the same way with the Xperia Z for a year and it works so far without such an adventure. Let's see what Sony will respond to my complaints and share their answer. I hope it was not my last product the company.
Genius
Message 25 of 74
Message 25 of 74

@oskarbabiarz wrote:
 Hello I also have a problem with watertight Xperia Z2. When I put the phone into the water and will do a couple of photos, the camera starts freaking out like that was flooded with water and turn on the camera all the time, and so for about two hours until it dries, and the second symptom is fogged camera lens that needs about a day to evaporate. I gave the phone to the guarantees in Poland, where the SERVICE is not too great and I am waiting for the result. The lady said to me while accepting the claim that none of this will be because the phone was flooded, except that everything in it works, and besides gonna use in the same way with the Xperia Z for a year and it works so far without such an adventure. Let's see what Sony will respond to my complaints and share their answer. I hope it was not my last product the company.

As mentioned before......make sure you ask when they get back to you if it has been vacuum tested.....

Adviser
Message 26 of 74
Message 26 of 74

Re: Water inside my z2..waterproof?

I'm just saying this..the fact that I actually buy a waterproof phone is ofcourse to be able to use it in the water.. I'm not saying that I'm going to scuba dive with it..but just to know that I can use it in the water without breaking it is a fun fact and yes there are a lots of better products that I can use to take that kind of photos. But I chose this phone because of its benefits and if Sony can't keep up with the things they promise in thire products that not really my problem. Anyway for all you guys out there I'm not gonna argue bout wheither what's wrong and right to do with the Z2.. But if I buy a phone that are suppose to be watertight I making sure that it is, that why I bought it..otherwise I could just stick with the iPhone. By the way I did get a new one without spending a cent. Because guess what, there was something wrong with my first unit.
One time poster
Message 27 of 74
Message 27 of 74

Me too, i was only wash on washtafel my phone and than error. Sony is five star design and bad quality, do you agree?

Talent
Message 28 of 74
Message 28 of 74

Not agree. Every manufacturers produce some % of phones that are not ok. Unfortunately you bought a lemon or something else went wrong when you washed your phone. But Sony has 2 years warranty and you can take your device to nearest service or Sony center. In my opinion Sony has great design and a good quality.

Adviser
Message 29 of 74
Message 29 of 74

I agree to the fact that I was unlucky. Because I knew that these issues would come with a brand new phone. I like Sony as a brand by i also remember when the first Xperia phone released, and that wasn't a pretty sight. Anyway I like my Z2 so far.
One time poster
Message 30 of 74
Message 30 of 74

Anazi hardware problem z2 Aaktd water entered the device note that wraps tightly closed