account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 21 of 101
Message 21 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

We can use UC browser for access Sinhala websites as temperory solution until Sony fixed this.

One time poster
Message 22 of 101
Message 22 of 101

updated my d5303 to 19.3.A.0.472 only to be disappointed with unicode for sinhala not being supported. if sony is not inerested in my mother tongue, why should i buy your products any more ? 

Apprentice
Message 23 of 101
Message 23 of 101

same here. appreciate atleast a scheduled date for the update from sony 

Apprentice
Message 24 of 101
Message 24 of 101

Hi Guys,

I was able to fix this issue and get Sinhala working on a Z2 running Android 4.4.4 using the following two links but your Z2 needs to be rooted. (Understand that rooting may void your warranty). May work for other Zxs as well (only tested on a Z2)

1. Download the DroidSansFallback.rar file from the post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45994412

2. Extract the rar file and copy the extracted DroidSansFallback.ttf file into /system/fonts folder in your Z2

3. Use ESExplorer or any other file manager to specify permissions of the copied "DroidSansFallback.ttf" file as shown in the link below

http://blog.malinthe.com/2014/04/how-to-get-perfect-sinhala-text-on-android-4-4-kitkat/

(refer last image about permissions) 

4. Now restart.

5. Enjoy Sinhala on all apps including facebook, etc.

Learner
Message 25 of 101
Message 25 of 101

Dear Sony Xperia support team

I'm a sony xperia long time user  from sri lanka  . All the xperia users in sri lanka facing a major issue since our xperia devises are not supporting to Sinhala language fonts. i am using xperia arc s, sony z, now currently using  sony Z tab and sony Z2, we are in big issue, 

other phone menufactures it do very well why sony do not resolve  this big fault, meny more sonyfans in sri lanka,why sony d ont care about this sinhala 

Sony please add Sinhala to your mobile phones. All other smart phones having Sinhala including Apple

this is main issue in sony (not working sinhala)

sony issue( not working sinhala)

this is same article in samsung phone,

this samsung phone is working sinhala

Apprentice
Message 26 of 101
Message 26 of 101

Hello,

i'm a xperia user since 2011. our country ( Sri Lanka ) has lot of xperia users. they all having a major issue. that's our xperia device does'nt support our Sinhala Language.  this problem can fix only rooting our devices. but warranty avoid after rooting. other phone like samsung, lg, nexus, htc all fix this issue after lollipop update. but xperia lollipop update not fix this. can you fix this issue with next 5.1 update.

thank you.

One time poster
Message 27 of 101
Message 27 of 101

I have solution to get Sinhala Unicode support here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3150536
Learner
Message 28 of 101
Message 28 of 101

Wow thanks Rickard thanks..keep update us