account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 81 of 101
Message 81 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

@Rickard thank you so much. That's all we needed. We just need to read. We don't want Sinhala Menus. Thank you so much. You gave me one more reason to buy Xperia Z5.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 82 of 101
Message 82 of 101

@lahiru_dilshan

Xperia Z is not among the models currently announced to receive the update to Android 6.0 so i'm afraid i don't know if it will be updated. For the latest information i recommend that you keep following our blog.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 83 of 101
Message 83 of 101

Please initate the Sony Mobile localization project soon as possible.

Learner
Message 84 of 101
Message 84 of 101

Awesome .thanks sony. Finally.
Please kindly we request you to add Sinhala font for the xperia Z 5.1.1 as well because xperia Z is still the most sold and most succesful sony handset in sri lanka.
If we compare other flagships during the era of 2013/2014.it is only 2nd to the S4 interms of sales.
I still see so many people using the Z.
Anyway thanks.
One time poster
Message 85 of 101
Message 85 of 101

Language

Sinhala language not support for my Sony Xperia c5 ultra.can you help solve this issue.
Rookie
Message 86 of 101
Message 86 of 101

I had the sinhala rendering in my Xperia z5 premium with MM update,thanx sony.received_10205883132140538.jpeg

Learner
Message 87 of 101
Message 87 of 101

Got MM update for my Z2 and sinhala is working perfectly. Thank you sony
Ps9
Rookie
Message 88 of 101
Message 88 of 101

Im from Sri Lanka.Cannot read sinhala my sony Z2 phone.please help me.our sihala language not Sony.its big problem for Sony fans.one year later not support sony team.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 89 of 101
Message 89 of 101

Thank you Sony & Rickatrd for giving Sinhala for Sony Xperia, We received new MM update for Z2 and Sinhala is now working fine once again thanks Sony for listening to us.

Apprentice
Message 90 of 101
Message 90 of 101

Language matters

Why Sony provides Sinhala Language for their smartphone users in Sri Lanka..