account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 71 of 101
Message 71 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

Yes.. "Sri lanka" is not in the list
Emperor
Message 72 of 101
Message 72 of 101

@dinu8989

Did you bought the phone at an official Sony Sri Lanka?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 73 of 101
Message 73 of 101

Languages

Please add sinhala language for Sri lankans.There is lot of people are using Sony smart phones but anyone can't see our country's Web sites in Sinhala therefore please add sinhala language (sinhala is the main language of sri lanka).
Adviser
Message 74 of 101
Message 74 of 101

Because authorized dealer for sony mobile in sri lanka is "singer" but thay dont have any xperia z series which support sinhala.
One time poster
Message 75 of 101
Message 75 of 101

Same issue with guys. I really don't understand why Sony doesn't supports sinhala fonts. Sony don't send your divece to srilanka.
Learner
Message 76 of 101
Message 76 of 101

I purchased an Xperia Z3 expecting that Sony would support Sinhala language as it was meant to be suppported from Android Lollipop onwards. But now I'm really dissaponted about my purchase as Sony has intentionally removed Sinhala Unicode from their android updates. If HTC, Samsung, Nexus, and other leading brands can support Sinhala language, I can't accept what Sony has done to Sri Lankan Sony mobile users by removing their native language. I looked forward a positive response throughout Sony's major releases and now I'm totally fed up on waiting. I was recently planning to purchase an Xperia Z5 and now I know that it would also be a huge disspointment. So now I feel like it's time to try some other Brand who provide loyal support for their customers.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 77 of 101
Message 77 of 101

This thred started early this year when Sony release Android 5.0 that time we get the assurance from @Rickard the person from support team that Sinhala will be added to the next lollipop mainenance updates, but after so many updates Sony didn't care about this and this is still due and after that there is no update from them also, likewise that this will not happen with there next Android 6 update.So this is my last Sony handset and I think it's better to have Samsung or Huawei brand thats really care about there customer needs.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 78 of 101
Message 78 of 101

In the Android 6.0 upgrade, we will support Sinhala font rendering. This means that if there is Sinhala content in an application, for example when you are watching BBC Sinhala in Facebook, it will be rendered and you will be able to read it. However, the Xperia devices will not support Sinhala as a phone language. We will for example not support Sinhala menus.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 79 of 101
Message 79 of 101

RICKARD. Then what about older phones. Like xperia z. Will they have an update ?
Learner
Message 80 of 101
Message 80 of 101

Sinhala Language for Android – Marshmallow (6.0)

As I pointed out earlier we didn't receive Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) as it is in Google stock Android version. Now my Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) runs Android 5.1.1 Lolipop update and still can't see Sinhala Language.

I only have one request to make as a Sri lankan fan of experia mobiles. I'm begging you all to include Sinhala Language on your Sony Marshmallow (6.0) update.

Atleast i would like to know a reason why you can't include if there is any technical difficulty.

Please attend to this issue for the sake of 20 million srilankans who live in all around the world.