account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 61 of 101
Message 61 of 101

Re: Why is Sony didn,t intall unicod 8 or sinhala font?

Six months back Rickard from Sony support team confirms Sinhala will be added in future Lollipop maintenance update but after few maintenance update we still not get this how long we need to beg this to happen from Sony?.

Android officialy includes Sinhala on there platofrm with Lollipop then we expected Sony to do the same with there Lollipop update now android relased Masshmallow but I don't think Sony will do this wilth 6.0 also, So it's better to move other brand it's our choice to select Company who cares our needs

Message 62 of 101
Message 62 of 101

Language font Problem

Please insert the sinhala font in system fonts for sony users.. In sri lanaka... My device is xperia z1 C6903 im very dissapointed.. That in here... All other brands have sinhala font... But why not sony included that.. Many my friendas & also me.... Love sony but in this case i'm unsatisfied... Please kindly requested look after this matter.. Please help... For go on with sony
One time poster
Message 63 of 101
Message 63 of 101

Need Sinhala language support

Lots of Sri lankans are using sony phones since very long. Why don't you give sinhala language support??
Learner
Message 64 of 101
Message 64 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

Dear @Rickard,

Are you sure about avaliability of Sinhala fonts on 5.02 update? All of the smart phones are avaliable sinhala fonts including apple also. Sinhla fonts are already with Google os. If  you can't add sinhala fonts to phones, you will defenitly loose sri lankan smart  phone market. We are wating for your reply.

One time poster
Message 65 of 101
Message 65 of 101

need Sinhala fonts..

not saport sinhala font.............
pls add this sinhla font new update ............

Inhabitant
Message 66 of 101
Message 66 of 101

If the other brand(SAMSUNG, APPLE, NOKIA, HTC, LG, HUAWAI) can add SINHALA language for there mobiles why sony can't?
Last time your team said the reason, "different firmware region..".
No.. Thats not true.. Because authorized dealer for sony mobile in sri lanka is "singer" but thay dont have any xperia z series which support sinhala.... WE WILL ONLY WAIT UNTIL YOUR NEXT UPDATE OR BUG FIX, OTHERWISE THIS XPERIA WILL BE MY LAST SONY PURCHASE
Thanks
Emperor
Message 67 of 101
Message 67 of 101

@dinu8989

Have you checked the official answer on this post? have you contacted your Local support? keep in mind that this is a user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 68 of 101
Message 68 of 101

In you local support service "sri lanka" in not included.. Ao how can i check?
One time poster
Message 69 of 101
Message 69 of 101

Sinhala Font Doesn't work in Sony Devices

Sony devices in sri lanka doesn't support the reading of the content that has been written in sinhalese specialy in the facebook app, and viewing other sri lankan sites, it is the language of sri lanka, all the other devices produced by other manufacturers support this font but sony devices does not support it, its frustrating to see been a asian manufacturer dsnt produced devices to support the content of the countries in the same region, specialy when the majority consumes sony goods in sri lanka, please have a fix for this soon, im using a Z2...
Emperor
Message 70 of 101
Message 70 of 101

@dinu8989

Your country is not listed ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)