account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 51 of 101
Message 51 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

Yes, it's still not available in new maintenance update 23.4.A.1.200. It is strange that Sony is still not caring about this since other major brand like Samsung, HTC and Apple already have Sinhala on there handsets even some cheap chinease phones also have Sinhala on there phones.

Please any one from support team please advise us is there any development going on regarding this or this is already neglected then we can decide about our future handsets.

Apprentice
Message 52 of 101
Message 52 of 101

Re: Unavailability of Sinhala Language on Android Lollipop (5.02) Update

My thread was locked some one.. Why do you do this to us.. However we want our language to system. please get us to new update as soon with added our Sinhala (සිංහල) language and fonts. 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/To-all-new-xperia-devices-getting-sinhala-language/m...

Edited due to foul language been used

Rookie
Message 53 of 101
Message 53 of 101

Why is Sony didn,t intall unicod 8 or sinhala font?

Why is Sony didn,t intall unicod 8 or sinhala font for your moble phone.every brands can see sinhala.bt still sony didn't.I can give u a sinhala font for you.I had been used 10 sony android mobile and 10 sony Ericsson mobile.I'm sony fanboy.pleas response to this.
Rookie
Message 54 of 101
Message 54 of 101

Re: Why is Sony didn,t intall unicod 8 or sinhala font?

Apprentice
Message 55 of 101
Message 55 of 101

Serously.. I already saied it.. mm.. We are waiting to fox that problem as soon.. Slightly smiling Face I think sony can do it..

One time poster
Message 56 of 101
Message 56 of 101

i hope next firmware update will include that font Slightly smiling Face

Master
Message 57 of 101
Message 57 of 101

Unfortunately I don't have any information on if or when this till be included in the software. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 58 of 101
Message 58 of 101

apple,samsung,htc,lg had it.we have a big battle with them.always we try to promote sony in our country.bt someone buy the sony they must to root there mobile to install to sinhala.we have been locking lolipop 5.0 update,didn came.then 5.1 didn't.last week i got bild number 200 update n also havent,i heard another update will be coming.can u put this to that update?
Master
Message 59 of 101
Message 59 of 101

It's not my decision unfortunately to take but I will forward the feedback internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 60 of 101
Message 60 of 101

K.we'll looking.we ara sony fanboyz.plz don't forget us.