account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

The software doesn't last 2 weeks then fail ,please help

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

The software doesn't last 2 weeks then fail ,please help

Hi everyone ,I'm having my Z2 since two and half years ago never rooted it & having the latest upgrade.

It was doing great the first 2 years but 6 months ago ,the software started to get more heavy ,crashing & freezing many times till the phone restarted itself and entered a bootloop, so i was forced to install a new Soft using Xperia PC Companion, it became great but didn't last 2 weeks till the past scenario started again it kept crashing freezing till entered a bootloop .

Now I've been installing a new Soft every 2 weeks since the few months ago ,any help ?

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: The software doesn't last 2 weeks then fail ,please help

Hi @-Pharaoh-, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue Slightly frowning Face

It could be related to some of the third party apps you are using. If you boot your phone to safe mode do you still experience the same trouble?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for help...

Rebooting in safe mode actually solve the problem but i've removed all the third party apps and the problem is still existing.

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@-Pharaoh-

repair the phone with XC >>> Xperia Companion and do NOT install nor restore anything 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

iyg
Learner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I get the same problem, mine lasts about a week then happens again, do a reset then is okay.... simply sending a whats app message or text and the screen freezes. Do the soft reset and the phone works for a bit then crashes again .....before long the phone crashes as soon as you enter the sim PIN. 

Ultra battery mode seems to work, however as soon as you try to change it back to normal the spinning circle is really laggy and the phone crashes, after booting the phone again i then get the message Ultra mode recovery. 

I've been told by Sony (via online chat) to send the phone for repair, but if it was hardware surely the problem wold be evident straight away....not a week down the line ? 

does anyone have a suggestion.......or will this just be fixed once sony release another update/patch....as always....?

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I have the same problem and it seems to never be fixed. every month or week I have to do a software repair. have anyone tried to solve the problem with a custom rom. maybe this is caused by their last software update. or maybe they slow down the cpus in older phones with battery problems like apple does? 

Learner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I've discovered the problem , Actually it's not about software ,it's the motherboard itself who need to be replaced ,it's a common problem among sony devices .

@-Pharaoh-

I've edited / crossed out the misinformation on your post, don't spread rumors, thank you. 

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Common problem on Sony devices?? Lol! Nope... 

Anyway try doing a full factory reset one more time with Xperia companion and then use the phone without sd card for a week , no 3rd party apps and run the phone in full stock condition. 

Is there any water damage in past 6 months? Also after full reset turn off the phone for like atleast 30minutes and start to use. Test hardware functions using sony support application and see everything works fine.

If still you are encountering problem then you got to visit Sony service centre.  Not a good thing to repair motherboard and instead it's better to buy a new one.. 

Still before giving the phone for repairs you can try custom roms as well but that's lot of things to do...

Hope your phone gets back in business again...working flawlessly..  

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Yes it's very common i searched many sites and found ton of sony users faced the same problem which known as red light of death

Even my sister's sony faced the same now.

My phone went into completely dead mode ,it refuses to charge ,refuses to accept new software installation it's just a peace of metal .

Even sony service center told me that it's common problem and the device need new motherboard ,i didn't believe at first and went to several mobile repair shop and told me the same.

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hmm... Ok.. But here such complaint is less..and there will be some reason for it.  

Last resort solution would be to try charge your battery externally or did u already tried telling service center to charge the battery via external means and then try to boot your phone..  

Better go to 3rd party or known good mobile service shops and tell them to take the battery out and charge it externally with custom made charging wires or any other means.  It has to be done very carefully and not safe.. This solution is seen in xda forums when you Google search "Sony red light of death". 

It must be a good custom repair mobile shop not ordinary ones. So try if u can boot the phone.. I know some cases like this where the phone was completely dead and came back alive someday.. If u have time to spare for this try this method also otherwise u can go straight for new handset.

This red light of death normally happen when battery is dead or unable to charge the battery . Also happens when board charging module is blown. That's why always says to use original charger and never keep the charger on whole night. 

See if u can make the phone boot..