account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Stereo speakers mod for ALL apps and sounds

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Stereo speakers mod for ALL apps and sounds

Hi Sony Community,

I want ask you if there is a mod without root to use the speakers of my Xperia Z2 on stereo for ALL apps, calls and sounds (system and not system).

I found very bad that Sony hasn't optimize Android 5 with this feature because the speakers of Xperia Z2 are very beautiful and functional, better than Z3, but without stereo output are very limited and reduce the potential of this smartphone!

The stereo front speakers of Xperia are one of the GREAT and BEST design features against ALL Samsung and Apple devices, so I don't understand why Sony use they on stereo to give us a powerful and especially COMPLETE sound output Thinking Face

I hope in a future implemention of this setting into next firmware update, but now I will very haapy if there is a sostitutive mod to force to use speakers o stereo for ALL.

Every answers are welcome to me!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: Stereo speakers mod for ALL apps and sounds

Alessio_84

The mod that I'm currently using uses both speakers for everything except speaker phone, but that's because I'm using an old version (the mod has since been updated to include speaker phone, but since I returned from vacation early this morning, I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet). I plan on giving it a try later tonight.

Unfortunately it does require root. The good thing is you don't need to unlock your bootloader in order to root the device, so you don't have to lose your drm keys.

Here's a link to the thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=60337177
7 REPLIES 7
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

hmm x z2 lollipop have xloud feature miss...that why the z2 speakers loudness is very bad...sony not care about the customers demands
Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Sony also doesn't use both speakers simultaneously for everything. Speaker phone uses only one speaker which is ridiculous. Someone here commented that it's because using both speakers would create an echo, but that is not true. I've used mods to enable this ever since I got my z2 back in July, and not once have I ever heard anyone complain about call quality.
Commissioner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi BeadyEye,

I supposed that there was a choice of Sony for a not specificate reason; probably it's true the reason about the echo. Personally I think that is a very stupid reason because the two front speakers can give a better sound for ALL app if uses stereo output.

Can you write me about the mod that you use to enable ALWAYS stereo output from the speakers of my BEAUTIFUL Xperia Z2 Purple? Slightly smiling Face

I hope that doesn't need root, I don't want loses the keys for the camera!

Thanks a lot!!!

Talent
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Alessio_84

The mod that I'm currently using uses both speakers for everything except speaker phone, but that's because I'm using an old version (the mod has since been updated to include speaker phone, but since I returned from vacation early this morning, I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet). I plan on giving it a try later tonight.

Unfortunately it does require root. The good thing is you don't need to unlock your bootloader in order to root the device, so you don't have to lose your drm keys.

Here's a link to the thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=60337177
Commissioner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Thank you very much BeardyEye!!!

Is safe this mode? Are you secure that I don't lose the drm keys? Is it for Android 5?

I never have root my Xperia Z2, I'm a noob in this way and I'm afraid to create damages or malfunctions. But I want so much the stereo ouyput from my two beautiful front speakers...!!! Slightly smiling Face

I'm very displeased about Sony that hasn't enabled this great and fantastic feature in addition with the High Res Slightly frowning Face

Thanks again very very much!!!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

No problem.. It's as safe as any modification of software I guess. I have never had any issues, but yes I'm sure just rooting the device will not lose your drm keys. You only lose drm keys when unlocking the bootloader which I do not feel comfortable doing.

There's a full tutorial on XDA on how to do this. To sum it up, you pretty much have to downgrade in order to root and have custom recovery, then flash a pre-rooted stock rom. This will give you 100% stock experience, but with root added. Then you can choose which mods, etc you like to flash like the one mentioned above.

It doesn't require too much knowledge, and isn't too complicated, but I'd still recommend reading up on it a lot before doing it, just in case anything happens. I always make sure I read instructions in full at least 3 or 4 times to feel comfortable.
Commissioner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi BeardyEye,

I'm not able to downgrade using flashtool, I came from WP and for me Android is new to use and deep understand. Also I'm afraid that using flashtool could invalidate my warranty or crash my Xperia. I hope that will be a root for our Xperia Z2 with Android 5 because I'm very waitng to try this mod to hear finally my speakers sounds on stereo ALWAYS!!! ;-)

If you have other info, please write, I read you very likely!!!

I also hope that Sony can hear us and adding itself this mod into next firmware update...