account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

One time poster
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

Hi,

This is Srinu Ganta,fond of Sony and got this phone and worked very much fine as expected.then i found this problem of operating the device on its own after 18 months of usage.the device is not even allowed me to touch or make/recieve calls,restarting/power off/on on its own.im little worried and tried different options by googling to get in touch with device but found no solution with it.then i approached sony customer service center,they said it costs around INR12000 to get back into working condition.came back home thought of buying new phone instead of spending 12K on it.i switched off the mobile for one day.

switched on the mobile after resting it for one day in switched off mode.then its working fine.its been 2 months now im happy working with the phone,may be its temporary solution i think....it would be happy if sony troubleshoots it in their current and upcoming models

Thanks&Regards

Srinu

One time poster
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

Press and hold the power button and volume up key simultaneously for about 15-30 seconds. The handset will shutdown then emit 3 vibrations in quick succession. You can release the keys after these vibrations. The handset will then reset.