account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

I own an xperia z2. It was working fine till I updated to lollipop. I experience some trouble. My xperia operates on its own without me touching it. It moves and selects app by itself. What should I do about it?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 operating on its own

Boot in safe mode and see if the same occurs:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi narendran96,

This is a very odd situation, in such a case I would suggest backing up the device and performing a software repair to remove any glitches that may be occurring.

Use the instructions below to perform a software repair.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I have the same issue. Repairing software install does not work already tried. Regardless being in safe mode or not issue still randomly occur. I had no choice but to sent it to Xperia care for further diagnosis (repair if needed) a week is gone and still not getting any update with "job in process" whenever I tried to check the job status. This is so annoying as it take so **bleep** long every time the service center try to work on diagnosis and repair job. It's beyond acceptable. This is my 2nd time sending in my phone which the first time isn't any better than now in terms of the turn around time. I have been lack of a phone for over a week and it is creating so much inconvenience to me and really causing so much frustration by now.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I know right. I don't know whats the problem. Hope someone can reply us as soon as possible
Visitor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I have seen the same issue. This happens sometimes but not always. Great if someome reply with a answer
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Do you have a phone case with a magnetic closure? Do you use a custom screen protector?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Screen protector yes. Is anything wrong with it?
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

It just remains a tiny possibility that the screen protector is of a poor make and it's producing static energy from friction.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

It's not the screen protector. I can almost assure you that. When I started experiencing this problem I suspect/thought the same thing too. Because of that I actually took off the screen protector which apparently does not solve the issue. I already got back my phone and so far it seems OK. Still monitoring it. My guess is the digitizer issue. That's one of the part they replaced for my phone. So I only can suggest take it to your local Xperia care to have them fix it if you are experiencing this. There is nothing much you can do since I mentioned before software repair won't help either as I have tried all those. Apparently it is hardware related. But I only felt weird is that it only started happening after lollipop update. Best part from this thread it also shows that I ain't the only one having this issue. So I really dunno. Nonetheless I still gonna monitor the device for a couple of days more to confirm if everything are indeed back to normal. Since the issue occur very randomly and no exact method to replicate the issue from occurring. So I can only guess it's "fixed" for now.