account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z2, Headphone volume too low

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Sony Xperia Z2, Headphone volume too low

Hi, I listen to music on Spotify, and was very satisfied with the sound quality and volume, up until recently. All of a sudden the volume became low not only on Spotify, all sounds. Even the maximum volume is hard to hear. There is nothing wrong with the earphones because I tried them on different devices and it works perfectly. I think it is a software issue, please help!

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Sony Xperia Z2, Headphone volume too low

@RainbowPuke

install PCC > run PCC > click on support zone > follow the steps > reinstall the latest update

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@RainbowPuke

Walkman/music > settings > audio settings > sound effects > headphone settings 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi RainbowPuke,

Welcome to the community.

You could also try booting in to safemode to see if the issue continues, if it does not then it is third party if it does then it could be OS based and a software repair or following Uliwoolys instructions would be the way to go.

Safemode instructions

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi Jake,

I tried booting in safemode, there is no difference. And I already tried other settings, but I used the same settings before I had the issue, so I don't think that's the problem. How do I repair the OS?

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@RainbowPuke

install PCC > run PCC > click on support zone > follow the steps > reinstall the latest update

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

View solution in original post

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Let us know how you get on with the software repair. If you still have issues you can always call Sony Mobile within your region.

Use my signature below for contact details if needed.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Volume too low when connected to sound system

What wrong with this device? I connect a sound system which cost 400e but volume is to low. And if I connect cheap china player all is good. It is not good.