account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sms app crash in ultra stamina mode

SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Sms app crash in ultra stamina mode

Hi
I Have problem with sms app in ultra stamina mode after lolipop upgrade. I close itself every time  i send message to someone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Re: Sms app crash in ultra stamina mogę

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the messaging app.

We have found the cause of the issue with the messaging application in Ultra STAMINA and it will be fixed in the next software release planned to be released before the end of this quarter.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

18 REPLIES 18
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

I try full wipe, but didn't work. My friends with Z2 also have the same problem.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

yeah my friend has the same problem.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Omg.. i check and same problem. SMS doesnt work at all.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

same to me

if i try to send a message to someone on the list, messaging closes, but if i add someone using orange  dots , message is sent but sms app closes

Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Ultra Stamina in lollipop

Hi,

Default sms app not working in Ultra Stamina after Lollipop.
My friends with Z2 have the same problem. Factory rese, and PC companion have no effect on this bug.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the messaging app.

We have found the cause of the issue with the messaging application in Ultra STAMINA and it will be fixed in the next software release planned to be released before the end of this quarter.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I got the update to version 23.1.A.0.726 but the SMS issue still exists Slightly frowning Face

@ @ i send you a PM with a small video of sms issue                   

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

The issue is not fixed in 23.1.A.0.726 i'm afraid, it will be fixed in an upcoming software update.