account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Shell I go for Z or Z1 or Z2 ???

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Shell I go for Z or Z1 or Z2 ???

Friends,

Unfortunately I lost my xperia- z. Now I wanted to buy a new phone. Whichone would you suggest - Z, Z1 or Z2 ???

I was extemerly happy with Xperia - Z. Now I was planing to upgrade to either Z1 or Z2 ??? However, is affraid of ongoing Voice quality , Camera problems & other critical problems. If these problems are related to software than I am sure Sony will fix them in coming months. However, if these problems are related to hardware, I am not sure if Sony can do anything to already sold equipments.

Any suggestion or comments ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Re: Shell I go for Z or Z1 or Z2 ???

Before you buy any of them, you should go browse the forums for these devices for a few days. There'will always be issues with phones. What matters is whether it affects you on your daily usage.

When I bought the Z when it first came out, a lot of issues were reported on forums. Volume too soft, phone too hot, and let's not forget the self-cracking-sceens. But I've been using it for more than 1 year now and have been happy with it. None of them affects me.

With Z2, i'm on my 2nd months. It's a bit bigger now, but then, even the Z is big for me. Are there a lot of issues reported on the forum? You betcha. But does it affect me on my daily usage? Nope. I''m happy with it. As for my Z, I'm keeping it in the drawers cuz I know I can still rely on it when I need to. Slightly smiling Face

Take whatever you read in the forums with a bit of salt. Cuz haters will hate. And fanboys will always be supportive.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Demigod
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

There's no reason to be getting the Z1 or even Z if you can afford a Z2. While some issues exist, it's not something a software update cannot fix.

Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Z2 as stated above,it will be improved in time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

bought z2 recently and very unhappy with it. its got camera heating issues and the service center is awful and very unhelpful

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I would be cautious with getting Z2 or Z1. My wife have Z and we are happy with it but I took Z2 and I found it too big and too heavy. The screen got bigger and bezels got bigger and it is now very hard to use this phone with one hand. Go to local store and check if it is all right for you, ask someone to get you one that is not attached to anything so you can play with it for a while.

As for camera problems - I don't have any, really didn't noticed any problems here, camera is excellent. I also didn't experience overheating, but I didn't try 4K video (which I find useless) and didn't try gaming too much.

Regular
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

I think with current ongoing issues with z2 especially with sound quality  ( Echo + speaker + Noise + hissing sound) & heating prolems I am now comparing between z1 & Nexus 5.

Any suggestions ?

Demigod
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Before you buy any of them, you should go browse the forums for these devices for a few days. There'will always be issues with phones. What matters is whether it affects you on your daily usage.

When I bought the Z when it first came out, a lot of issues were reported on forums. Volume too soft, phone too hot, and let's not forget the self-cracking-sceens. But I've been using it for more than 1 year now and have been happy with it. None of them affects me.

With Z2, i'm on my 2nd months. It's a bit bigger now, but then, even the Z is big for me. Are there a lot of issues reported on the forum? You betcha. But does it affect me on my daily usage? Nope. I''m happy with it. As for my Z, I'm keeping it in the drawers cuz I know I can still rely on it when I need to. Slightly smiling Face

Take whatever you read in the forums with a bit of salt. Cuz haters will hate. And fanboys will always be supportive.

View solution in original post

Regular
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

thanks Everyone Slightly smiling Face

Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Go for a Galaxy S4 it rock's compared to my now 17 days old Xperia Z2 which already spend 14 days in for repair or exchange. Don't buy a Z2.
Rookie
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Yeah... I'm sure there's not a single Samsung customer who says the same as you.
Listen Everybody: Stop buying z2's cuz one customer got the wrong one! Lol... I have a z1 and a z2 and they're both awesome in every way, of course the z2 is a well deserved improvement over z1. Battery is awesome, screen OMG gorgeous, speakers sound is amazing, the noise cancelling headphones are the most amazing thing they've done, is just a joy to listen to a movie with them. I didn't had a Z but a friend of mine had one and at the time I wanted to buy one so much but then the z1 came out so I went for it. So knowing all 3 models I can only say: z2 all the way cuz nothing else matters!! 😀 😀 😀