account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SD card not recognised after updating software

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 41 of 50
Message 41 of 50

Re: New update.... Now sd card won't work

then you need to send your device to your local service center Local support

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 42 of 50
Message 42 of 50

Re: New update.... Now sd card won't work

Sorted now... Put sd card in computer and dragged everything over to computer and out it all on new card... As for some reason after the update....... My sd card would not read in any phone.....
One time poster
Message 43 of 50
Message 43 of 50

Re: SD card not recognised after updating software

I have been an avid Sony user since my very first phone.

I recently bought an Xperia Z3 D6653 and it wonderfully once I got it. The main deciding factor for me getting this phone as opposed to getting another brand was due to the fact that this was one of the VERY FEW PHONES which still utilised the use of an EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD.

However, I recently updated my OS to 6.0 Marshmallow and now the MAIN REASON for me buying the phone is gone..

I am no longer able to access my SD CARD or ANYTHING on it. Thankfully all my information was saved and I can access it on my laptop, but now all my apps and pictures and music can ONLY be stored on internal memory.

My apps take up a large portion of the already limited internal memory. Can you please advise what I can do to rectify this or if another update would be issued to correct this, as I am TRULY CONSIDERING buying another phone and changing my loyalty to this brand.
One time poster
Message 44 of 50
Message 44 of 50

Update downgraded SD size compatability

After the latest Z3 update my Z3 will not read the 32gb sd card that was working fine before ,the 32gb so card can be read by other devices and the Z3 can read a 1gb card , it has just stood reading the 32gb card that was not a problem before. 

Can anyone help fix or even explain this ?

One time poster
Message 45 of 50
Message 45 of 50

Re: SD card not recognised after updating software

Greetings,

I did recently updated my android to 6.0 but after that my sd is not able to detect anymore. Same thing, can be read in laptop but in my phone nah. Also i already format my sd and still no.
Answer for this problem?

Thanks
One time poster
Message 46 of 50
Message 46 of 50

External memory problem after Marshmallow update

I have been an avid Sony user since my very first phone.

I recently bought an Xperia Z3 D6653 and it wonderfully once I got it. The main deciding factor for me getting this phone as opposed to getting another brand was due to the fact that this was one of the VERY FEW PHONES which still utilised the use of an EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD.

However, I recently updated my OS to 6.0 Marshmallow and now the MAIN REASON for me buying the phone is gone..

I am no longer able to access my SD CARD or ANYTHING on it. Thankfully all my information was saved and I can access it on my laptop, but now all my apps and pictures and music can ONLY be stored on internal memory.

My apps take up a large portion of the already limited internal memory. Can you please advise what I can do to rectify this or if another update would be issued to correct this, as I am TRULY CONSIDERING buying another phone and changing my loyalty to this brand.
Message 47 of 50
Message 47 of 50

Re: External memory problem after Marshmallow update

Have you tried formatting the card whist mounted in the device?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 48 of 50
Message 48 of 50

microsd card doen´t appear after update to android 6.0.1

Hi to all,recently I have updated mi Experia Z2 to android 6.0.1,after doing it my microsd card has disapear.I can't see it neither throw File Commander in the phone,neither conecting the phone with a computer using USB,it is a great mess having lost the use of my microsd card,does anyone know how can I solve this issue?

One time poster
Message 49 of 50
Message 49 of 50

Re: microsd card doen´t appear after update to android 6.0.1

SD card not read
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 50 of 50
Message 50 of 50

Re: Sd card not detected after marshmallow upadate

didnt work for me  formated in windows  , phone  tryed different memory cards still the same  this is the second phone to do this  1st was replaced under warante